Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lets be honest, it was a great win (especially as the players must be knackered) but I'm not going to be kidded in thinking that Arsenal were outplayed or Everton were great. However, many thought this was a 'should win game' and it was.......just. All players done their bit (even Pickford eventually) but Godfrey MoM for me. Now looking forward to Wednesday for a brilliant footballing Xmas!!!!

Smashing result and again we looked very solid save for Pickford's flap - delighted with defensive progress being made.

I believe there is a lot more to come with this team once James, Allan, Digne and Coleman are back.

Coleman back in the groove presumably means he takes holgate’s position at RB. Is it worth considering Holgate for the role Davies had tonight in CM for the United game?
To be honest I'd keep the back 4 as they are. Godfrey and holgate are young and have pace. They're not as attacking as Coleman/digne but we're not getting caught on the break either. For the utd game, we could do with the extra defensive cover. Bring Coleman in later.

Status
Not open for further replies.