2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that he drifted in and out of the game vs Burnley, but it should still be remembered that he came up with the important moment in the game with a great run and cross for Calvert Lewin.

Sometimes this is how it is for quality players like Richarlison and James. It can be frustrating when some games seem to pass them by, but they produce match winning moments when it matters.

Attitude problem.

He's a sulker there's no doubt about that, but I'm pretty convinced he's playing with an injury at the moment and has been for a while! He admitted as much during the last international break, when he spoke about hiding an injury to his ankle so he could be allowed to go off with the Brazilian team!

Worrying stuff. It’s a difficult situation though, this season has pretty clearly gone wrong and doomed us to a mid table finish, do you cash in on Digne and Richarlison, try and shift some of the crabs and revamp the squad with young hungry players when we inevitably finish between 14th and 8th? I’d be sad to see them go, but if it meant we could build a more cohesive team which is less reliant on two or three players I’d probably be happy overall
I think we really have to keep the 2 of them. If we can add 3 or 4 mire quality players I think we would have a team to challenge for top 4 and players like richie and digne will be happy to stay. If not they will be edging for moves from next summer onwards.

Worrying stuff. It’s a difficult situation though, this season has pretty clearly gone wrong and doomed us to a mid table finish, do you cash in on Digne and Richarlison, try and shift some of the crabs and revamp the squad with young hungry players when we inevitably finish between 14th and 8th? I’d be sad to see them go, but if it meant we could build a more cohesive team which is less reliant on two or three players I’d probably be happy overall
Jesus gone wrong is a bit much like , only 11 games played. Little run and we're right up there

My criticism of him last 2 years has been him creatively in terms of assists but delivered goals, seems to have gone the other way. Can think of 4 league ones this season (West Brom x2, Fulham and Burnley), just think once he scores he will start flying again. I remember him *nearly* scoring in a few games, shots that last 2 years would have gone in. Thought before the derby it was the most dangerous he’s ever looked for us, he was brilliant on the ball, no Digne is a massive loss for him to cut inside without anyone overlapping and it shows. He’s always had in his locker the ability to sometimes go missing in games and still has that, just with higher quality around him in attack it stands out more when he doesn’t play well

If we had both DCL and Richy scoring regularly we would have something we have not had in ages. He was always a sulker, and I don't mind that at all cos I think he actually gives a damn, but its just not happening for him this season, yet. It's like he needs to reset a little and find the player he was last season.

I'm not sure his heart is in it now, and it would be a delicate judgement if we got a decent offer for him.

Maybe he sulks because of some of the crap players he has to play with? He probably knows that if he or DCL do not score then nobody else will. That puts a greater burden on him. Our midfield is a disaster with regard to goal scoring. More probably he is just a sulky person at heart.

He was definitely more of a passenger against Burnley, assist aside.

The issue was how we were set up. He had no support on the left and we didn't channel any of our attack down that side anyway (the absence of Digne).

That is why I am heavily in favour now of just playing Nkounkou, so Richarlison has a complimentary attacking threat.

I think Richarlison is a very good player, not as good as some here think, but still a very good player. However, I think he has some obvious weaknesses, and that often leads to him making the wrong choice. He plays with his head down, and therefore has a limited overview of opponents and teammates. This is due to the fact that he often also has a bad body position, and he therefore does not get to attack the available spaces quickly enough. Another point is that he rarely wins 1 vs. 1 situations in dangerous zones. Against Burnley he had several opportunities to attack, but was either hesitant or turned horizontally inwards in the field.

If we had both DCL and Richy scoring regularly we would have something we have not had in ages. He was always a sulker, and I don't mind that at all cos I think he actually gives a damn, but its just not happening for him this season, yet. It's like he needs to reset a little and find the player he was last season.

I'm not sure his heart is in it now, and it would be a delicate judgement if we got a decent offer for him.
Not sure his heart is in it? He’s head and shoulders more committed every single game than any other member of the squad. He plays with a scowl on his face, but that’s just the way he is.

My criticism of him last 2 years has been him creatively in terms of assists but delivered goals, seems to have gone the other way. Can think of 4 league ones this season (West Brom x2, Fulham and Burnley), just think once he scores he will start flying again. I remember him *nearly* scoring in a few games, shots that last 2 years would have gone in. Thought before the derby it was the most dangerous he’s ever looked for us, he was brilliant on the ball, no Digne is a massive loss for him to cut inside without anyone overlapping and it shows. He’s always had in his locker the ability to sometimes go missing in games and still has that, just with higher quality around him in attack it stands out more when he doesn’t play well

DCL has vultured him a couple of times, tapping in balls from Richy that were headed in anyway, yes? One in particular I can visualize but can't remember the opponent.

He was definitely more of a passenger against Burnley, assist aside.

The issue was how we were set up. He had no support on the left and we didn't channel any of our attack down that side anyway (the absence of Digne).

That is why I am heavily in favour now of just playing Nkounkou, so Richarlison has a complimentary attacking threat.
Absolutely. Even if Carlo thinks Niels isn't quite there yet - he'll only get there by playing games at this level, and with Digne out for an extended period this is exactly the time Niels should be getting that run in the side. There's bags of potential there, but just playing on the training ground isn't gonna unleash it.

Anyone who is even questioning Richarlison input to the team needs to give their heads a wobble, he is a winner
Apart from him and Digne we have no one at the club who is even close, they hate losing and we dont have enough of these type of players and that is why we are placed were we are

Status
Not open for further replies.