2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about our performance, okay I am not in full agreement with selections but we do have on paper class players so why not winning? I think there is the subject of attitude coming onto the pitch. Back in the mid 80s there was no problem the players got on the pitch and PLAYED.

He needs to start taking some responsibility for what is going on. He is also very lucky that a significant number of fans aren’t in Goodison because the decisions he’s been making lately would be booed.

If people need to boo then boo the senior players who have underachieved for years and got several managers the sack through a lack of commitment.

If people need to boo then boo the senior players who have underachieved for years and got several managers the sack through a lack of commitment.
I think it’s a combination of all involved, don’t you?

Ancelotti trusts these senior players more than youth despite them constantly failing.

Someone posted a good post in one of the threads yesterday, someone like Alexander-Arnold wouldn’t have been given the chance under Ancelotti.

He’s made a rod for his own back and will be sacked once he fails to meet expectations.

We should be getting a lot more for his huge wage.

I think it’s a combination of all involved, don’t you?

Ancelotti trusts these senior players more than youth despite them constantly failing.

Someone posted a good post in one of the threads yesterday, someone like Alexander-Arnold wouldn’t have been given the chance under Ancelotti.

He’s made a rod for his own back and will be sacked once he fails to meet expectations.

We should be getting a lot more for his huge wage.

Everyone takes some responsibility obviously.

But I prefer to blame players who have been here several seasons rather than the manager who has been here 50 weeks, and brought some incremental improvement. We need to do better but sacking a top manager wouldn't be my preferred approach.

Of course Arnold would have got a chance. Like it or not, we just don't have any young players of that quality.

Carlo inherited a pile of manure.

Needs a lot more to leave and a good few decent signings before we go anywhere.
Supporters who believe our current squad is good enough to be challenging for anything astound me.

Without the signings Carlo has brought to the club, we'd be best mates with SU.

Everyone takes some responsibility obviously.

But I prefer to blame players who have been here several seasons rather than the manager who has been here 50 weeks, and brought some incremental improvement. We need to do better but sacking a top manager wouldn't be my preferred approach.

Of course Arnold would have got a chance. Like it or not, we just don't have any young players of that quality.
There’s been no improvement and the fact we haven’t kept a clean sheet for ten straight games is disgraceful.

He wouldn’t have because Ancelotti would’ve shipped him out the the minute he didn’t have a good game. Strange how he allows senior players to consistently stink the gaff out and even awards them with the captain’s armband.

Also, Ancelotti is not a top manager in 2020. He’s well over the hill now, hence why he’s here and not managing to improve us.

Never noticed Ancelotti had made this comment before: “I'm not here to develop players, I'm here to try and keep Everton at the top.”

That's extremely worrying for me considering a. We're not even close to the top to begin with, and b. How on Earth can the club move forwards if we don't develop players just keep shelling out money for new ones? Makes a mockery of the DoF process.

one of the reasons I liked ancelotti was that he didn’t come with any set philosophy - i’d had enough enough of the likes of Martinez and Silva with their almost puritanical zeal to play a specific way irrespective of the game conditions, capability of our own team and strengths of the opposition.

that’s why yesterday’s tactics of 5 at the back concerned me greatly - that wasn’t pragmatic it was just plain wrong. Who could have watched the previous two games and thought that that formation had worked well. It’s a formation where the defence remains as porous as ever, we’re outnumbered in the middle of the park and we can’t play out from the back.

burnley simply pressed us knowing that the ball would end up with Pickford who would hump it to calvert lewin who, with no-one within 20 yds of him, would lose it.

the delph injury prevented us from losing to a pretty limited and poor team.

He obviously needs to time to shape his own side but in the meantime- let’s get the basics done - close the gaps between our defenders, tell the full backs to sit, lets have a more structured formation, more consistent selection at the back, be a bit more aggressive in our pressing,tackling and let’s try and get a bit of legs into the side - it could mean bringing Davies into the midfield v Chelsea and bringing James on for the last 30 for example.

It’s not easy with this current squad of players but imo they’re still comfortably better than half this league.

Never noticed Ancelotti had made this comment before: “I'm not here to develop players, I'm here to try and keep Everton at the top.”

That's extremely worrying for me considering a. We're not even close to the top to begin with, and b. How on Earth can the club move forwards if we don't develop players just keep shelling out money for new ones? Makes a mockery of the DoF process.

Well I can understand his position, it is likely that is what Moshiri was promised. Problem is we have so few "experienced" players for backup in the event of injuries and suspensions so who does he have available to turn to.

Status
Not open for further replies.