Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Carlo will put some more importance on being decisive in his decisions against one of his former clubs, we've been pretty rubbish though so I imagine we'll win this one as always seems to happen when we all get jaded with this club just to draw us back in with hope

Can’t keep clean sheet, conceded and could have conceded a lot more against Leeds and struggling Burnley. Chelsea coming at us with a strong attacking line up and Carlo playing more square pegs in round holes means Chelsea will win 0-3.

69574.jpg

A return for the lucky few in what will be a fairly muted Goodison for a Saturday night game.

A tough run coming up and every game we will need to show a lot more than we have recently.

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Godfrey - Mina - Keane - Holgate
Doucs - Allan - Gomes
Hamez - DCL - Rico
COYB
Goat mate for the love of god will you stop injuring our players.

Look at how we fared against Leeds when they had pace in the team! Chelsea has pace all over their team, we will get dry bummed like the embarassment last season at The Bridge....

Although Ziyech is going off injured and replaced by Pulisic as I type this....

Anyone watching chelsea v Leeds? Two teams whose players know exactly what their roles are, know when and whom to pass it to cos they are well practised in said drills and patterns. One touch, decisive passing, and barely a hopeful pass on show? Mainly quick, mobile, clever players.

It's amazing what well coached, mobile, good players can serve up on the pitch. Comparing everton to both teams isn't a pretty sight.

Anyone watching chelsea v Leeds? Two teams whose players know exactly what their roles are, know when and whom to pass it to cos they are well practised in said drills and patterns. One touch, decisive passing, and barely a hopeful pass on show? Mainly quick, mobile, clever players.

It's amazing what well coached, mobile, good players can serve up on the pitch. Comparing everton to both teams isn't a pretty sight.
Know what the massive difference is? A settled manager, Lampard has had 18 months (plus a year at Derby), Bielsa 4 years. This squad for the most part has worked under 3-4 managers in consecutive seasons using different tactics and methods

Know what the massive difference is? A settled manager, Lampard has had 18 months (plus a year at Derby), Bielsa 4 years. This squad for the most part has worked under 3-4 managers in consecutive seasons using different tactics and methods
What does a year at derby mean? That has nothing to do with how he's faring at chelsea. I agree carlo needs more time, but there's been very little difference in style of play, speed of play, patterns of play, since he's taken over. I'd give him more windows certainly, but I'd like to see some sort of recognisable improvement under him. Theres been a bit, but not enough to breed a whole lot of confidence at this stage.

I hope he succeeds here, I really do. We'll see how things turn out I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.