Match Thread Burnley v Everton (Saturday 5 December 12:30)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey never read so much emotional twaddle in all my life. Would rather watch Virgin River or Gilmore Girls than this cry assing.

Where to start.

We have make shift back line...

Up against Sean Dyche fighting fit best 11, no-one will run out 5 nil winners at their place. After thier previous match.

Having James and Allan just seems to purchased a great deal of entitlement, bad blues.

Pickford looked good, Keane and Mina also, up for the physical match. Stand out was Godfrey, will bring much needed pace and energy, the in your face center back. Ashely Barnes remonstrating with him after the match, get in their young man, got to the old bifter punt ball merchant.
Wooooooo!

What worries me is that in the games against Newcastle, Southampton, Leeds and Burnley, player for player we should be better than all those teams, yet we got one point from those four games. Is it lack of fitness? Lack of motivaton? The wrong formation and tactics?

We gave them all chances.

I said earlier - its because we're too deep. What do people think?

We always say Keane played great today, but most of the time he's never actually near the opposition. Because the opposition is between the lines.

It's not that its Keane's fault, he played well individually, but who's fault is it if we keep leaking goals, has to be something to do with the formation and strategy and defensive philosophy.

I know Carlo wants to make sure his players are where they're most comfortable, so he had Keane play deep and brought in Allan to cover. But I think most of our goals has come between the lines.

So many poor performances, pathetic passing, no movement, no energy, just the same as they’ve been for the last few weeks, Pickford might have done better for their goal but he saved Everton with two terrific saves, one in the first half when Keane cocked it up, didn’t know where he was again, then another save from Woods header with Keane marking no one, then Keane set Burnley up for the winner with a useless tackle that put the Burnley man in on his own but he was as poor with his shot, as poor as five or six Everton players had been. They were bad but not as bad as Ancelotti with his team selection, tactics and unbelievable substitutions, all three repeats of previous games. His record as a manager goes before him, Everton are paying him on that record, he is going downhill here, and although he has got a poor squad he is not getting much out of the good players. Thank God for Dominic, James might have produced a great pass but he is turning out to be a luxury we can’t afford to carry. Another game and performance that does little to calm the nerves and temper, nothing to look forward to with this squad and the manager offers little hope if that’s the best he can do.
Pickford no chance with their goal for me, It wont be long again for the papers and co to Link Lewin with whoever they want with him doing so well

A mid-table result for a mid-table side.

Carlo should be getting a little more out of the squad over the last four or five games, but he probably got a little more than expected out of them for the first five or six games. So, he's about par for the course so far. And the reality that many do not want to face is that major surgery is needed on the team, let alone the squad if we want to aim higher. We have about five players, at best, up to the job of challenging the top six. The rest are a combination of failed signings, over the hill veterans, young players who missed the boat, and a couple of newbies who could go either way.

No, Mr. Isco, we can do plenty fine without you. :rolleyes:

Our second-half tactics are abysmal.

Every game it's the same. Don't know if it's because we run out of legs or what, but they're crap.

After a crap start we managed to stay in the game and then grow in the first half, got that goal with one chance for Dom.

From there the impetus should have been coming from us. The onus was there to go and get fourth.

I can - and do - blame the players to an extent, but it comes from the manager. And his tactics at the moment are abysmal. Utterly abysmal.

Be better.

We gave them all chances.

I said earlier - its because we're too deep. What do people think?

We always say Keane played great today, but most of the time he's never actually near the opposition. Because the opposition is between the lines.

It's not that its Keane's fault, he played well individually, but who's fault is it if we keep leaking goals, has to be something to do with the formation and strategy and defensive philosophy.

I know Carlo wants to make sure his players are where they're most comfortable, so he had Keane play deep and brought in Allan to cover. But I think most of our goals has come between the lines.

We just sit off, completely.

Second half of every game we spend most of it camped in our own half.

When we switched to 4-3-3 after Delph got injured, Doucoure didn't play at right-back (which is where he played most of the second half). He pushed up and gave us another runner and lo and behold we press the ball with Allan and get a goal.

We literally have one way of scoring a goal and that is to get it into the channels and slide it to Dom.

We're relying on James to pull the rabbit out of the hat if not.

It's dismal. And the tactics are on Carlo.

I have my issues with the recruitment, and Brands, who must shoulder a lot of blame, but the tactics on the day are down to Carlo and as it stands he's not up to scratch.

We lack energy & pace, teams are realizing this & taking advantage...

We have players who are not fully fit & never will be due to age & former injuries...

We lack goalscoring threats & goalscorers, we also lack intensity all over the pitch but espeicially going forward...

The Answers...

Anthony Gordon remains a mystery, surely with his pace & fitness he should be given his chances...

Buy younger players for the future who can supply intensity energy & pace & not keep getting injured...

Buy a striker to support DCL.......FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.