Match Thread Burnley v Everton (Saturday 5 December 12:30)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti
We have to accept the result because the start was not good. After 30 minutes we were back. After that we had good control. We tried to win in the second-half

Ancelotti on Delph
He had problem on his hamstring. We are going to check in the next few days, I hope he can recover soon. He was in good condition. He has worked really well. I hope he can recover soon.

We are a little of an emergency there. Iwobi did really well, Ben Godfrey did really well there. We have to be positive. Seamus will recover soon. And we have to find a solution there for sure

Want to MOTM to Delph for doing a hammy and causing the formation to change. With out him we might have continued with wing backs.

Listen I think Don Carlo is the best thing to happen to Everton and is probably our last hope of progression but he really needs to give up on wing backs and playing people out of position.

Iwobi was great but lacks the final killer ball. Gomez was probably the MOTM. Richy was average but at average he is still one of our best. Mina, Keane and Godfrey were solid. Allan wasn’t good and why we still have Siggy and Tosun is lost on me. Looking forward to the Jan transfer window. Pickers had a good game but just scares the bejesus out of me, he’s like a headless chicken on crack.

All began from the team announced, wrong team, wrong formation, Injury to you know who was always going to come and he shouldnt have even been in the team, but that forced us into formation change and from then we were mostly better-should have won that, Sig miss is just bad-wish we could score last minute winner
So many poor performances, pathetic passing, no movement, no energy, just the same as they’ve been for the last few weeks, Pickford might have done better for their goal but he saved Everton with two terrific saves, one in the first half when Keane cocked it up, didn’t know where he was again, then another save from Woods header with Keane marking no one, then Keane set Burnley up for the winner with a useless tackle that put the Burnley man in on his own but he was as poor with his shot, as poor as five or six Everton players had been. They were bad but not as bad as Ancelotti with his team selection, tactics and unbelievable substitutions, all three repeats of previous games. His record as a manager goes before him, Everton are paying him on that record, he is going downhill here, and although he has got a poor squad he is not getting much out of the good players. Thank God for Dominic, James might have produced a great pass but he is turning out to be a luxury we can’t afford to carry. Another game and performance that does little to calm the nerves and temper, nothing to look forward to with this squad and the manager offers little hope if that’s the best he can do.

Ancelotti
We have to accept the result because the start was not good. After 30 minutes we were back. After that we had good control. We tried to win in the second-half

Ancelotti on Delph
He had problem on his hamstring. We are going to check in the next few days, I hope he can recover soon. He was in good condition. He has worked really well. I hope he can recover soon.

We are a little of an emergency there. Iwobi did really well, Ben Godfrey did really well there. We have to be positive. Seamus will recover soon. And we have to find a solution there for sure

Carlo must have watched a different game to me.

Blimey never read so much emotional twaddle in all my life. Would rather watch Virgin River or Gilmore Girls than this cry assing.

Where to start.

We have make shift back line...

Up against Sean Dyche fighting fit best 11, no-one will run out 5 nil winners at their place. After thier previous match.

Having James and Allan just seems to purchased a great deal of entitlement, bad blues.

Pickford looked good, Keane and Mina also, up for the physical match. Stand out was Godfrey, will bring much needed pace and energy, the in your face center back. Ashely Barnes remonstrating with him after the match, get in their young man, got to the old bifter punt ball merchant.

We created the chance to win it, but overall there was not enough urgency and hunger to go and win it. It was all too pedestrian and its not good enough. We need the ball played forward quickly to DCL. When we did that, we created 2 clear chances for him but it wasn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.