New Everton Stadium Discussion

That’s understandable but we’ve already had delays. I think people just want to know if we can expect a decision this month like we have been told.

Since we submitted our application a year ago, we’ve been told:

It’ll be announced in 16 weeks
It’ll be announced early summer
It’ll be announced in Autumn
It’ll be announced in December

You can forgive people being sceptical if the council miss yet another target date.
I have no doubt that the stadium will be built but can understand what you are saying. The silence about the planning decision is weird. You would think that this planning committee would be giving updates all the time on a project like this which is vital to the finances if the city.

That’s understandable but we’ve already had delays. I think people just want to know if we can expect a decision this month like we have been told.

You can forgive people being sceptical if the council miss yet another target date.

Bit harsh to blame the council when we made an amendment to the planning permission back in September.

RS are due to submit their stand expansion plans in the coming weeks- guarantee LCC will be falling over themselves to grant it as soon as possible.

We are missing out on vital revenue boosts due this hapless Council taking the mick.

Bit harsh to blame the council when we made an amendment to the planning permission back in September.
But the bulk of the planning application should have been looked at by then. It wasn’t a complete redesign. It’s a wonder any investors looking to built large scale construction projects would deal with LCC, they just seem so unbelievably slow to do anything.

I have no doubt that the stadium will be built but can understand what you are saying. The silence about the planning decision is weird. You would think that this planning committee would be giving updates all the time on a project like this which is vital to the finances if the city.
49 weeks & counting. This would’ve had a decision in London, Birmingham, Manchester & Leeds by now. If you are a large developer looking to invest 100s of millions on projects, would Liverpool be your first choice?

But the bulk of the planning application should have been looked at by then. It wasn’t a complete redesign. It’s a wonder any investors looking to built large scale construction projects would deal with LCC, they just seem so unbelievably slow to do anything.

Trust me, all council’s are like this. They all work to the same standards and procedures and the events of this year have to be taken into account.

RS are due to submit their stand expansion plans in the coming weeks- guarantee LCC will be falling over themselves to grant it as soon as possible.

We are missing out on vital revenue boosts due this hapless Council taking the mick.

The RS gained planning permission for something similar a while ago and seeing they have already long ran the occupants of nearby houses out it is a straightforward planning decision.

Ours in the middle of WHS was always going to be harder. I wouldn't see this a case of favouritism it is a totally different kettle of fish.

I have zero doubt everyone is happy enough sitting on this, until we see very very clear light at the end of the Covid tunnel. As soon as that happens, which will be soon I hope, you will see the wheels turn with aggression, decisions happening & people patting themselves on the back for the project.

While there is an small element of doubt, people are nervous of grand announcements, posting employment numbers etc etc

We waited about 10 years from initial proposal to stadium finish.
Along the way there was a lot of pi55 taking taken on the chin but once built it was well worth the wait (and you will feel the same way.)

This is all true but we've been known to Everton it up on more than one occasion. This is plainly different to previous attempts but what can go wrong will try to go wrong with us.

By that I mean I hope Usmanov is foregoing the red meat and cheese for the salad.