Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...hmmm, might I suggest you google ‘self deprecating vs self depreciating’...and report back your findings
Google is only as accurate as those inputting the info, D, and probably by an American cousin or two who, as we all know, tend to put their own slant on the language.

Not only do I recall this being taught at school, but also amongst the pages of a peer reviewed journal I discovered languishing on the shelves of Crosby library, many years later, in which the scholar and author seemed quite irked at it’s frequent misuse.

Whatever the cause/reason why these things change with time, surely the worst has to be the tendency towards pronouncing the word ‘sixth’ as ‘sicth’, and I can only hazard a guess that it was indeed the work of our colonial cousins once again or perhaps a television presenter with a lisp.

Wordiness, hey ?

Is he really still one of the top managers in the world? Sure, he was and there is not a better manager in world football that would even consider coming to us. But... Is he really still at the top table?
Unless he has somehow forgotten every tactic he has learned over many decades, then I would say yes he is

Unless he has somehow forgotten every tactic he has learned over many decades, then I would say yes he is
I’m not sure that’s how you measure this. Remembering tactics isn’t the only metric at play that determines quality.

1. How hard does he work?
2. How well-versed in his opposition is he?
3. How modern are said tactics?
4. How relevant are his tactics to a squad such as this?

My big thing with Ancelotti is that he’s brought profile and status to a club that required it. A ‘revival’ appointment. However, his win record is increasingly worrying and the losses are coming against some fodder.

Reality?

1. we’re really not very good.

2. our squad is very poor outside the first choice 11.

3. we rely on richarlison and his pace too much.

4. We can’t defend.

5. we are weak on the right hand side.

6. without Lucas Digne we are massively handicapped scoring wise

7. playing James adds extra class but means one less player to track.

8. The players like delph, Davies, iwobi, and co struggle to pass the most simplest ball to a team mate.

9. players on large salaries like Bernard offer zero contribution. Absolutely nothing. Need selling as soon as someone is stupid enough to offer him a contract.

10. Olsen should have stayed in the team based on his performance against Newcastle.

11. The team lacks pace.

12. the team is gutless with a massive lack of natural leaders.

Reality?

1. we’re really not very good.

2. our squad is very poor outside the first choice 11.

3. we rely on richarlison and his pace too much.

4. We can’t defend.

5. we are weak on the right hand side.

6. without Lucas Digne we are massively handicapped scoring wise

7. playing James adds extra class but means one less player to track.

8. The players like delph, Davies, iwobi, and co struggle to pass the most simplest ball to a team mate.

9. players on large salaries like Bernard offer zero contribution. Absolutely nothing. Need selling as soon as someone is stupid enough to offer him a contract.

10. Olsen should have stayed in the team based on his performance against Newcastle.

11. The team lacks pace.

12. the team is gutless with a massive lack of natural leaders.
We are going backwards the last 5 matches.

They would have been out the door last June if I was in charge, with Sigs.

Sigs, Delph, Bernard. Cash Cow f****.

A disgrace is all they are
All very well......but there has to be a buyer.
However good or bad a DoF is the key part of any transfer, in or out, is the agent. He can drum up a buyer if it’s right for his client, or he can ensure nobodies interested if it’s in his clients benefit to sit tight on that massive package he negotiated for him previously. To think otherwise is absolute folly.

Status
Not open for further replies.