2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holgate may also play
I just think Carlo will go with other options.

But we shall see.
Who Delph? I remember Holgate played a few cup games at left back and was ok but we would have nothing going forward with either. I can see Neils starting as a wingback and Godfrey moving to the left sided CB.

This.
They won't be able to target BOTH fullbacks

will they?

It is amazing that a couple of weeks ago it looked like we were finally getting back towards a first choice 11 getting back out once Richarlison was back and now we’re back to being without either of our first choice full backs. Classic Everton, that run of games when we had a fully fit 11 was dead good whilst it lasted, all 4 of them.

This lad was a Brands signing, wasn't he? Acid test time for both of them now. Every team gets injuries - that's why it's a squad game. If Nkounkou can't step up when opportunity knocks, that doesn't reflect well on anybody. Football is full of misfortune for players who get injured and opportunities for those who step in and take the chance with both hands. He's 20, old enough if he is good enough.

At some point we are going to have to ask the question: is Marcel Brands any good? How Nkounkou fares will go a long way to answering that question.

This lad was a Brands signing, wasn't he? Acid test time for both of them now. Every team gets injuries - that's why it's a squad game. If Nkounkou can't step up when opportunity knocks, that doesn't reflect well on anybody. Football is full of misfortune for players who get injured and opportunities for those who step in and take the chance with both hands. He's 20, old enough if he is good enough.

At some point we are going to have to ask the question: is Marcel Brands any good? How Nkounkou fares will go a long way to answering that question.

Too be fair mate the lad did well in the cup games, but until he's had a run of prem games we can't really judge whether he will have been a good signing or not by Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.