Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think CL will be 75 points this season given how tight it is? Probably still will be but it’s a strange season so far.

IMO, if we get Europa league this season I’ll be pretty happy. Think Moshiri will have to open the cheque book in January if we genuinely want to compete for CL.

I think it will probably be a bit higher. Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and City all look good and I think once everyone moves to twice a week you will see the larger squads pull away from the field and I wouldnt be surprised to see any or all of those teams get 30 plus from 36 points Dec - Jan. That will set up a high return

I think it will probably be a bit higher. Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and City all look good and I think once everyone moves to twice a week you will see the larger squads pull away from the field and I wouldnt be surprised to see any or all of those teams get 30 plus from 36 points Dec - Jan. That will set up a high return
Think top 4 is beyond us tbh.

Those 4 look the best squads so far. Would be good if we can compete for 5th and 6th with Arsenal and United, that would be a huge step forward for us.

20 wins is 60 points, we’d need to draw probably all of the other 15 games to get to 75 points which would hopefully be CL football. I can’t see if going unbeaten from this point so we’re going to have to win more than 20 games.

I tend to look at how close we are to two points per game ratio which would give 76 points and definite CL. We’re on 16 points from 9 games so just behind the curve, a win against Leeds gets us back close to it and would mean that after 10 games we were still in contention for a top 4 finish.

Usually 4th goes to the team with 20 wins...sometimes one or two more but usually 20 is enough.

I think this season could be either alot higher or lower depending on December results and towards the end of the season when players are destroyed.

If we got to 20pts i think we get 4th...in any case a good target to aim at.

We really need to beat Leeds and Burnley to put us on 7 from 11. Then 8 games to get at least 3 wins so we have a great chance.

Those 4 look the best squads so far. Would be good if we can compete for 5th and 6th with Arsenal and United, that would be a huge step forward for us.

I'd agree, but personally I have come to the conclusion that Europa league would inhibit long term progress, the squad is full of rubbish lets be honest & all that needs to be cleared out to develop a serious 18-20 man squad. The Europa would just get in the way of that cull which is needed.

I'd agree, but personally I have come to the conclusion that Europa league would inhibit long term progress, the squad is full of rubbish lets be honest & all that needs to be cleared out to develop a serious 18-20 man squad. The Europa would just get in the way of that cull which is needed.

It’s good revenue now though, not like it used to be. Most of the groups can also be navigated with competent management and a decent draw. In my view it’s worth taking it seriously now. The prize for winning it is big also.

It’s good revenue now though, not like it used to be. Most of the groups can also be navigated with competent management and a decent draw. In my view it’s worth taking it seriously now. The prize for winning it is big also.

Oh yea, there are plenty of plusses to it as well. I just think the current squad needs a massive clearout, with 10 / 12 leaving in exchange for quality. That wont happen with Europa

If there are fans in the stands, which seems to be the case next season, it's a good revenue generator and also adds a bit of credibility to your side.

Oh I know that Eggs but doesn't that apply to most teams? Against Southampton we were blowing out of our arses, they looked like they had an extra man on the pitch at times. Against Man U, they had to travel to Turkey for a champs league game on the Wednesday, then had that lunchtime kick - off against us on the Saturday and after all that they still looked way fitter than us mate.

....good point, I hadn’t noticed it so much in other matches.

Oh I know that Eggs but doesn't that apply to most teams? Against Southampton we were blowing out of our arses, they looked like they had an extra man on the pitch at times. Against Man U, they had to travel to Turkey for a champs league game on the Wednesday, then had that lunchtime kick - off against us on the Saturday and after all that they still looked way fitter than us mate.

The thing with fitness is that it can be addressed in training by our staffed over time. But why are we not fit to begin with?

Might need a new staff

Watching Southampton against Wolves. Both sides playing at a tempo I haven’t seen from our team in a long while. Both finished above us last season and both beat us comfortably last time we played.

Its not going to be a walkover to finish ahead of teams like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.