Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 5 wins in 9 games.
If we can land another 5 wins in the first half of the season id be pretty excited.

20 wins would give us (i think) champions league and set us up beautifully for 2 more summers of squad rebuild.

Leeds
Burnley
Chelsea
Leicester
Arsenal
Sheffield
Man City
West Ham
Wolves
Villa

Can we win 5 of those? I think if our front 3 can stay fit then we'll get there.
If we can sort the defence out we have a realistic chance.

In 9 games we’ve already won half of the games we won last season, although we’ve also lost a quarter of last seasons games too. But I think we’re on course for a 60+ season.
Hopefully we’ll get through the LC QF as Utd now play 2 games a week up to that fixture, so injuries/fatigue hopefully

In 9 games we’ve already won half of the games we won last season, although we’ve also lost a quarter of last seasons games too. But I think we’re on course for a 60+ season.
Hopefully we’ll get through the LC QF as Utd now play 2 games a week up to that fixture, so injuries/fatigue hopefully

Our fitness levels are terrible mate, we look knackered after about 70 minutes of a game and we're only 9 games in.

....true, but we have a number of players who had been away on international duty, particularly the 4 South Americans.

Oh I know that Eggs but doesn't that apply to most teams? Against Southampton we were blowing out of our arses, they looked like they had an extra man on the pitch at times. Against Man U, they had to travel to Turkey for a champs league game on the Wednesday, then had that lunchtime kick - off against us on the Saturday and after all that they still looked way fitter than us mate.

We have 5 wins in 9 games.
If we can land another 5 wins in the first half of the season id be pretty excited.

20 wins would give us (i think) champions league and set us up beautifully for 2 more summers of squad rebuild.

Leeds
Burnley
Chelsea
Leicester
Arsenal
Sheffield
Man City
West Ham
Wolves
Villa

Can we win 5 of those? I think if our front 3 can stay fit then we'll get there.

20 wins is 60 points, we’d need to draw probably all of the other 15 games to get to 75 points which would hopefully be CL football. I can’t see if going unbeaten from this point so we’re going to have to win more than 20 games.

I tend to look at how close we are to two points per game ratio which would give 76 points and definite CL. We’re on 16 points from 9 games so just behind the curve, a win against Leeds gets us back close to it and would mean that after 10 games we were still in contention for a top 4 finish.

Oh I know that Eggs but doesn't that apply to most teams? Against Southampton we were blowing out of our arses, they looked like they had an extra man on the pitch at times. Against Man U, they had to travel to Turkey for a champs league game on the Wednesday, then had that lunchtime kick - off against us on the Saturday and after all that they still looked way fitter than us mate.

tbf Lou they did have an extra man on the pitch as Digne was sent off with half an hour to go lol

20 wins is 60 points, we’d need to draw probably all of the other 15 games to get to 75 points which would hopefully be CL football. I can’t see if going unbeaten from this point so we’re going to have to win more than 20 games.

I tend to look at how close we are to two points per game ratio which would give 76 points and definite CL. We’re on 16 points from 9 games so just behind the curve, a win against Leeds gets us back close to it and would mean that after 10 games we were still in contention for a top 4 finish.
Do you think CL will be 75 points this season given how tight it is? Probably still will be but it’s a strange season so far.

IMO, if we get Europa league this season I’ll be pretty happy. Think Moshiri will have to open the cheque book in January if we genuinely want to compete for CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.