Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
These absolutely battered Arsenal, we will be forced to defend alot and hit on the break, i think we will have success on the counter it's the defending I'm worried about.

Easily be 4-4 this

I'd go 4 at the back with James playing central in a 5 and DCL up top.

Think we need to stick with the same formation again vs Leeds. It showed glimpses of what it could be and consistency is the only way to increase that vital thing we are missing...organisation at the back.

I'd keep the same team, same formation and anyone coming back from injury should do so from the bench like a proper team would.

Gonna be a mad game.

Leeds will tear through us. Don't care if we play a four or a five. It's the way we defend that's the issue.

But, we have it in us to create chances and they're crap at the back. Need to get around Phillips in midfield, though.

In that sense, Phillips would just mark James out of the game if James plays central.

So, we need to play him right. Yes, that exposes us down that flank but Leeds will fly forward so it should give him space to get at them on the break, too.

I can't believe I'm saying it but for me, go 4-3-3 with Davies in there. Get him down the right side of midfield with, hopefully Coleman, but if not Holgate or Kenny there at RB.

Get Doucoure on the other side of Allan and just use that midfield to get about the pitch and let the forwards do their work.

Gonna be a mad game.

Leeds will tear through us. Don't care if we play a four or a five. It's the way we defend that's the issue.

But, we have it in us to create chances and they're crap at the back. Need to get around Phillips in midfield, though.

In that sense, Phillips would just mark James out of the game if James plays central.

So, we need to play him right. Yes, that exposes us down that flank but Leeds will fly forward so it should give him space to get at them on the break, too.

I can't believe I'm saying it but for me, go 4-3-3 with Davies in there. Get him down the right side of midfield with, hopefully Coleman, but if not Holgate or Kenny there at RB.

Get Doucoure on the other side of Allan and just use that midfield to get about the pitch and let the forwards do their work.
Davies is alright to bring on when you need legs in a tiring team, but ultimately he has no positional sense. I'm honestly not really sure what the answer is here: hopefully Carlo does.

Davies is alright to bring on when you need legs in a tiring team, but ultimately he has no positional sense. I'm honestly not really sure what the answer is here: hopefully Carlo does.

Yep, this is an issue.

The real answer for now - with who we had fit - would be Gomes, but he's been awful in the last two games he's played in and won't help keep us solid defensively, though he would, in theory, help us get on the ball (which is what we needed yesterday and he should have been on for James on the hour mark).

Maybe it has to be Delph, or Holgate into midfield. I don't know.

Leeds just feel like a team who have every single thing that can hurt us - a bit like Southampton.

Until Gbamin is fit Godfrey or Holgate has to slot into midfield - we need a defensive 3 in midfield who can tackle and cover James out wide.

For me I would go:

Olsen
Coleman Keane Holgate Digne
Allan Godfrey
Doucoure
Rodriguez DCL Richarlison

Until Gbamin is fit Godfrey or Holgate has to slot into midfield - we need a defensive 3 in midfield who can tackle and cover James out wide.

For me I would go:

Olsen
Coleman Keane Holgate Digne
Allan Godfrey
Doucoure
Rodriguez DCL Richarlison

Just not sure Godfrey looks comfortable enough on the ball to play in midfield against Leeds.

I think Carlo may be tempted to stick with the back three, but in that case he has to play Holgate and Godfrey either side of Keane, because we need the pace in there.

Just not sure Godfrey looks comfortable enough on the ball to play in midfield against Leeds.

I think Carlo may be tempted to stick with the back three, but in that case he has to play Holgate and Godfrey either side of Keane, because we need the pace in there.

Mad really because Godfrey's main strength was supposedly his ability on the ball.

I think he looks more of a CDM than a CB to me - looks nervous playing at the back think a bit further forward may give him the confidence to get on the ball a bit.

With that front 3 and fullbacks we dont necessarily need much creativity in the midfield it hasn't done Liverpool any harm up until signing Thiago.

Gomes/Siggurdsson only pass sideways and back anyway so hardly missing someone spraying balls around!

Presume, game vs Leeds will be tough test. They are full of energy and pace (as all Bielsa sides are). With two slow tower center backs we will concede. If we could dominate possesion as we do in the first half vs Fulham it would be our best defence. Don't know if we could do it with three defensive midfielders. RB and LB with wingers would make difference for this game.

My suggestion would be to leave Mina out of the starting line up, the last thing we want is the opposition piling 7 players into the box and Yerri in there.
Very worried about this one, sit back and I think they'll kill us, press on and I think there's gonna be goals in both ends. let's go for a 5-4 win.

Status
Not open for further replies.