Match Thread Fulham v Everton (Sunday 22 Nov 12:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulham were definitely there for the taking the first half. I dont think Everton played well but Fulham were very poor. Then the second half was a total turn around. Everton were very poor and Fulham weren't quite so bad.
Even though we won I don't see this as much of an improvement over the previous 3 games. Hopefully it was down to being tired after the international break, not having enough training the last few days and fitness levels below par.
We've for a week to get back on the training ground and get a lot tighter for the next game. That opening unbeated run is a distant memory now.

First time in beards 3 away wins and after only 9 games.
Iwobi's best game for us.
Dom looking better & better.
Great 1st half not so great 2nd.
Stopped the rot.

Up to 6th.
1point off top 4
2 points off 2nd place
Only 4 off top spot.
No injuries , no bans.

If there was any gripe at all its we should have scored 6 or 7 first half.

So very pleased ....a few jars tonight.

Holgate needs to get fit quick and the Mina era must come to an end, infuriating. Seems to be a likeable lad and popular in dressing room but you just never know what he is going to do.

I think the clarity of Allan's play and his fitness are one of the biggest differences between the first few games of the season and the recent tougher spell.

He was immense in the first half winning posession and releasing quickly. From the off in the second half he was less active and had trouble getting the ball out - the result is more route 1 and less play into space, and James/Richy inching deeper and deeper to try to help...only it's not where they are effective and it exposes fitness too.

Don't think Carlo told them to sit back today or asked James to come deeper for it. Those things don't flatter this side - they just couldn't get out of their own half after the break.

Allan was the only one who turned up in the 2nd half.
He was left on his own.

The most important thing is the win and 3 points but by god we really do our best to cause our own problems :-(
Fulham were'nt great but we gifted them so many chances with sloppy passes and no one taking control !

First time in beards 3 away wins and after only 9 games.
Iwobi's best game for us.
Dom looking better & better.
Great 1st half not so great 2nd.
Stopped the rot.

Up to 6th.
1point off top 4
2 points off 2nd place
Only 4 off top spot.
No injuries , no bans.

If there was any gripe at all its we should have scored 6 or 7 first half.

So very pleased ....a few jars tonight.
A few jars tonight ? I did a liter of Greek box wine in the second half lol lol lol Ill be swaying like an IKEA wardrobe in an hour .

Today was a fortunate 3 points and against better sides would have been beaten so I’ll have a drink to that.
There were some good performances in there though...
Richy, DCL, Iwobi, Digne had decent games and Allan was immense!
(Allan will often create disagreement because his passing at times can be woeful and was occasionally today but his ball winning is an art in itself...)
However the issues were Mina was poor and could have done better with both goals we conceded. Apart from his goal Doucs was lacklustre and can do better and Godfrey although did a job is out of position and therefore doesn’t do what we need from a fullback in contrast to Digne.
What is also alarming is lack of good options on the bench we have as against what other clubs have to change a game or offer something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.