2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you even on about now? I agree with you that losing 3 games at this point of the season isn't particularly surprising, i've never said otherwise? All i said was that the idea that the manager can't do anything to make the team better and any loss (and therefore win, you'd have to assume) is solely down to the players is a very simplistic way of looking at things. I'm also saying that I didn't make out what you said I was making out. I'm not sure it's particularly precious to do that is it? We started last season badly, there's no argument there. But we sacked the manager because everybody knew the team was much better than it was showing. The 18th position was not an accurate reflection of the club's quality when Silva was sacked, as was shown very quickly by the turnaround in results under both Ferguson and Ancelotti. I mean it's hardly rocket science.

I'm not criticising Ancelotti here, i'm just pointing out that I think anything lower than 7th this season would be a disappointment, and I'm a little bit perplexed as to why some people seem to suggest it will take 4 years to rectify the fact we had a bad 3 months.

Sorry mate, wasn't trying to pick an argument, you just sounded a bit like my wife. You know, pulling me up for not replying to everything that was said.

I don't think anybody is suggesting it will take 4 years, but I'd like to think he'd get at least more than one full season before people start even mentioning the S word.

2 things

1. Carlo may be giving Gylfi his shot to see if he can do it.

2. more importantly he’s Carlo Fn Ancelloti. Barring a <15th finish he’s not going anywhere because if we’re the club that ran off Carlo Ancelotti we’re radioactive to any decent manager or player. We’d be lucky to get someone with the upside snd resume of Marco Silva.

2 things

2. more importantly he’s Carlo Fn Ancelloti. Barring a <15th finish he’s not going anywhere because if we’re the club that ran off Carlo Ancelotti we’re radioactive to any decent manager or player. We’d be lucky to get someone with the upside snd resume of Marco Silva.

How long is “a shot”? And will he provide the same shot to 19 year old Anthony Gordon?

2 things

lol

2 things

Only shot Carlo should be giving Gylfi is out of a Barrett .50 cal

Sorry mate, wasn't trying to pick an argument, you just sounded a bit like my wife. You know, pulling me up for not replying to everything that was said.

I don't think anybody is suggesting it will take 4 years, but I'd like to think he'd get at least more than one full season before people start even mentioning the S word.
And he will. As was pointed out by another poster yesterday, despite all the people saying 'I can't believe you all want him sacked' there were literally no posts whatsoever suggesting that we sack him.

2 things

Why would a 14th place finish be acceptable? Also, didn’t he give Sigurdsson a chance last season?

And he will. As was pointed out by another poster yesterday, despite all the people saying 'I can't believe you all want him sacked' there were literally no posts whatsoever suggesting that we sack him.

no but people are badly moaning, if it was the end of the season with say 3-4 games then some, I,E, siggy etc fair enough. But this early to question him? Na it’s a joke. The man needs time

no but people are badly moaning, if it was the end of the season with say 3-4 games then some, I,E, siggy etc fair enough. But this early to question him? Na it’s a joke. The man needs time
Nah people are just being really precious about it. He's the manager of a football team that keeps losing, people will moan. If we win the next few everyone will stop, it's natural. I think we should always question managers and players personally. Not in the sense that they're constantly under pressure but I don't really see the point in saying you can't wonder why a certain player is or isn't picked, or why a problem area hasn't been fixed, until they've been here 3 years and spent £300m.

I agree it's way too early to question Ancelotti and he needs time matty. But I do think people have a right to be critical of his tactics etc if they see it that way mate. At the end of the day we were all drooling over how boss Ancelotti was in the games at the start of the season, so if we're going to praise him when things are going right then he should rightly be criticised if some of the fault lies with him when things aren't going right.

Matty my little friend

Carlo ancellotti is a superb manager and we have done unbelievable to get him, however his decision to keep picking gylfi and even giving him the armband is wrong, regardless of how long he's been here, who else he has available he shouldn't be anywhere near the team.

Us fans have watched him for 3 years and know exactly what he brings, nothing other than a good goal every 10 games ( not even that in the past 18 months ) Carlo has been here about a year now and watch that fraud jog around away from the ball so he's had plenty of time to see him for what he is

So because he won the league with 6 points less than the previous Munich manager that doesn't count?

And because he came runners up with less points than Sarri the season before that doesn't count?

I think that shows the level of your footballing education and I absolutely love the bit where he was on course for 46 points after he got sacked after 15 games lol
Bayern have won the last 8 Bundesliga titles, winning the title there is pretty much a given. Carlo's problem is that they went backwards. The style of play declined and it got to the stage where the players were arranging their own extra training sessions. That raises serious questions about Carlo and above all his choice of his own son as assistant manager.

Sarri's Napoli were exceptional getting 91 points and pushing Juventus all the way. Sarri's took over a Napoli side that had finished 5th with 63 points in 14/15. He improved their points total every season and had a win percentage of 66%.

Carlo took over a Napoli side that finished 2nd with 91 points 28 points more than when Sarri took over. Carlo had a worse points total in his first season and had Napoli in 7th position when he was sacked. Compared to Sarri's 66% win percentage Carlo had a win percentage of 52%.

In 16 months Napoli went from pushing Juve all the way to 7th in Serie A. By any definition that is taking a club backwards.

It isn't an isolated instance though. It has happened right from Madrid, through Bayern to Napoli. Worryingly the same things were said. Carlo was tactically inflexible, trying to impose his well-worn ideas on a squad that it didn't suit, fitness levels dropping off the longer Carlo was manager, Carlo over relying on his first 11 and relying on older pros in preference to young talent that needed more coaching.

Can anyone honestly say that isn't being said at the moment about Carlo's Everton.

The worst thing is that he doesn't turn things around or innovate he just keeps trying the same outdated methods until he gets sacked. People are blindly saying that we need to give Carlo three or four years because of his track record. Except his track record doesn't say that.

Since his stint at Milan.

Sacked after two seasons at Chelsea, walked after 18 months at PSG, sacked after two seasons at Madrid, sacked after 14 months at Bayern, sacked after 17 months at Napoli.

Carlo is clearly a gentleman, highly regarded in the game and increases our pulling power in the transfer market. So why not keep Carlo but bring in world-class coaching staff. Instead of making do with Dunc who is here because of Bill looking after ex-players and Davide because his surname is Ancelotti.

Or we could bury our heads in the sand and keep pretending everything will work out when the evidence just isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.