2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom is in the same style as the other midfield crabs. Too slow, Not a good passer of the ball, terrible ball control,
no physical presence and provides no goal threat. Yeah I'd play him!

Tom is in the same style as the other midfield crabs. Too slow, Not a good passer of the ball, terrible ball control,
no physical presence and provides no goal threat. Yeah I'd play him!
A crab is a player who goes sideways. Davies isn't that at least, he always looks to go forward (usually whilst giving the ball away needlessly).

He is different to the other two, he moves around a bit too at least.

Don't get me wrong he is probably a different type of rubbish to the other two but he is at least somewhat more dynamic.

(Personally I would play Besic ahead of any of them but whatever...)

I'd rather someone give the ball away trying to play between the lines, than have someone with a 95% pass success rate because they smash it back to Pickford and Keane all game. Seeing Sigurdsson play so safe and cautiously is not acceptable.

Davies isn't great at all but he offers balance in a midfield 3. He certainly cannot play effectively in a 2 but we don't often play that system.

I think a lot of problems come from lack of serious game time,not just with Davies,also,Gordon,Simms and a few others,a couple are considered squad members,there game time is limited to the odd selection or a handful of minutes as sub,U23 league to me is pretty much pointless,they play against similar standard players of a similar age,when there was the reserve/central league there would be a mix of older players coming back from injury or seeing out there careers you could learn a lot more in those games,Id rather see some one like Simms or Gordon out on loan getting competitive games than playing U23 football each week

I think a lot of problems come from lack of serious game time,not just with Davies,also,Gordon,Simms and a few others,a couple are considered squad members,there game time is limited to the odd selection or a handful of minutes as sub,U23 league to me is pretty much pointless,they play against similar standard players of a similar age,when there was the reserve/central league there would be a mix of older players coming back from injury or seeing out there careers you could learn a lot more in those games,Id rather see some one like Simms or Gordon out on loan getting competitive games than playing U23 football each week

Davies has played over 100 games.

Davies has played over 100 games.
I wasnt just using him I was on about the general set up at the club,after 100 games if the manager/coaches cant find a place for him when playing 5 in midfield then he simply isnt good enough,its then a case of moving him on,I personally dont think hes of the standard required

I wasnt just using him I was on about the general set up at the club,after 100 games if the manager/coaches cant find a place for him when playing 5 in midfield then he simply isnt good enough,its then a case of moving him on,I personally dont think hes of the standard required

I agree you there Jaycee. In fact I think he is the worst player in the squad currently.

I agree you there Jaycee. In fact I think he is the worst player in the squad currently.
He certainly hasnt progressed during the time between appearing and now,at best hes stalled,at worse hes gone backward,last couple of seasons hes had a chance to make a position his own due to how poor we have been,he hasnt taken it,any transfers we make are going to hopefully improve on what we have so he wont be getting near the 1st team

He certainly hasnt progressed during the time between appearing and now,at best hes stalled,at worse hes gone backward,last couple of seasons hes had a chance to make a position his own due to how poor we have been,he hasnt taken it,any transfers we make are going to hopefully improve on what we have so he wont be getting near the 1st team

Got a new contract two years ago didn't he? Another cracking Brands decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.