Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive massive game this, we lose this and all the momentum we built with the great start has well and truly gone, and what went from an amazing start to the reason will be bang average given the teams around us and points they have picked up as well.

If we win then get some confidence back and go into the next game with Richy back.

I don't think we get anything out of this game without Richy unless hamez turns up and has a worldy game

Olsen
Kenny - Godfrey - Mina - Keane - Digne
Allan
Doucoure - Gomes
James
DCL

That's what I'd like to see, but I'm afraid the real line up will include substantially more Gylfi and Iwobi than this.

Having Digne, James, and Coleman back will be huge. Wish Richy was back as well but we will have to make do without him. They have a CL match mis week as well. We can win this.

Just a reminder that their champions league match is against Istanbul Buyuks not exactly prime Barcelona.
Hopeful for some injuries or fitness concerns though I suppose as the way they’re performing in the league they can’t afford to screw up champions league qualification too

NINTCHDBPICT000612165324.jpg

Let's hope the familiar surroundings of Goodison can get us back on track.

Pickford
Godfrey - Mina - Keane - Digne
Hamez - Allan - Doucs - Iwobi
DCL - Tosun​
Only one of the gang of four in your team. That is Iwobi. The gang of four as I call them is Siggy.....Gomes......Bernard......Iwobi. We will win nothing with that bunch. We can barely scrape a draw with them. Never mind win football matches. So if we do need to use any of them.........it's one at a time.
And as Don Carlo doesn't seem to trust Gordon just yet. Iwobi it is.
Utd can be got at. So I like the idea of Tosun also up front hopefully feeding off DCL. Rodriquez feeding balls into them. Allan and Doucoure stepping up from the nonsense of the last two matches. And hopefully Coleman maybe coming back. But if not then give Godfrey another chance...
Picking the Everton team is all subjective anyhow. Your selection looks ok to me. The managers last two selections didn't work out that good. So here's hoping that he changes things. Try something different. Mix things up a little.
Have a proper go at Utd.
But should he go with "the gang of four" again. Or Delph or Kenny. Then it's another three points dropped..........I just don't trust or believe that those players will do much for us..........
So I like your team........And last point........if Anchelotti keeps going with the deadbeats every time we have a few players out. Then all he is doing is surrendering the points. Can't wait until we are finally rid of them all.
Up The Toffees.
Ps........sorry for the long reply.

Should have beat them last year

Tonked them the year before

If James etc are back this should be winable

Would like to se Gordon get some time

......we need to play with purpose and tempo. Watching us yesterday reminded me of how good Leon Osman was at making the very difficult look very easy. None of our midfielders could take the ball on the spin in tight situations, turning defence into attack. Being brave in possession and believing in your ability. It was all too safe, it was all too predictable.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.