Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t really think it’s been a decent start now, tbh. A team that’s currently 13th can leapfrog us tomorrow. We turned a tremendous first 4 games into a run-of-the-mill start that everyone has got off to.

See where we are after 10 games, like every season.

As you say, everyone has got off to a 'run of the mill start'.

Leeds if they win tomorrow will be saying they've had an amazing start etc. It's just the nature of the beast so early in the season.

It's frustrating, because there's no way we should be getting 0 points out of our last two games, but it's what anyone with any sense knew would happen if we lost key players.

For one reason or the other, in typical Everton fashion, we've lost probably our four most important players to the system all at once, and then that's compounded by us being absolutely daft and not getting another quality option in late in the window and having an imbalanced squad.

Of course managers need to be tactically aware and have a 'plan B', but i'm confused and disappointed we have moved away from the 433 that took us to 4 wins out of 4 at the beginning of the season.

Think Carlo got it badly wrong today, but it's a sad reflection of how poorly he rates Bernard and Gordon that he played Sig and Gomes behind DCL.
What must the former be doing in training to be 'that' out of favour?

Please for the love of God play 433 against the Mancs Carlo!

Seen kenny shaking his head a lot and gritting his teeth. Seen a few players do that. Like they hated each other out there. I think it only takes 2-3 players losing the ball being crabs for the whole team to be absorbed by it. The confidence goes they don’t trust each other.

Only just finished watching it, what a load of rubbish that was. JJK was terrible as was Gomes and Delph was gash as well.

Completely toothless up front with Sigurdsson just playing wherever he felt like , going back to the defensive line to pick the ball up only to knock it across to another CB utterly pointless and not where I wish to see my 'second forward'.

Olsen had a great game also Allan and Doucouré who just had to much ground to cover.

Its a myth mate. Everyone i know just doesnt want to be part of a relegation fight. We just want a team that shows some fight, win lose or draw. Thats whats been missing for so long. Its the likes of carragher, neville and richard keys who constantly say nufc fans are deluded, not our actual actions... although i must admit we all got excited by the prospect of us being the richest club in the world sobering moment when it collapsed and we signed hendricks on a free
It's 12 years since I went back but lived in Durham for 25 years. Perhaps times have changed but the "Big club" arguement and "We deserve trophies" was to be found in every bar from North Road to the Quayside

After a game like that it's easy to feel down. Start to worry that likes of richy and James will begin thinking why should I hang around here. So let's try look at ten positives

1. Olsen was solid and will challenge pickford to up his game

2. Dcl got another good poachers goal and remains a genuine goal threat

3. We are still up in the table despite two poor game's

4. Iffy defensively but missing Holgate and Godfrey not yet shown what he may do for us in his normal position

5. One game nearer having our best played return

6. Also nearer January window to being some players in or kick some out

7. One game nearer retirement for some of today's team...

8. Carlo will have a better idea of who he can rely on in future games and in what way

9. At least we've seen at full strength we can carry a threat and score against anyone

10. Got a full week for carlo to read the riot act and sort it out

United next. If Godfrey is ready I'll play him with Keane. Mina got exposed vs Fraser. Kenny was scary but coming back from injury not expecting him to hit levels yet. Carlo's comments about Pickford returning to the squad before the game put him in the mud as Olsen looked assured.

Pickford

Kenny
Godfrey
Keane
Digne

Doucoure
Allan
Delph

Rodriguez
DCL
Gordon

Or switch system vs United to 4-2-3-1 but unlikely with Carlo

Pickford - Kenny/Godfrey/Keane/Digne - Doucoure/Allan - Rodriguez/Siggy/Gordon - DCL

We were without Digne (whose suspension was patently unjust), James, Richarlison and Coleman, yet the only difference between ourselves and the Magpies was a very soft penalty. We've played 7 league games and yet we're still (just) in the top 4. We're also in the quarter-finals of the League Cup. Things could be worse. We should have our best starting XI available next weekend so bring on the mancs! I only wish we were playing in front of a packed Goodison because we as fans so often prove to be a 12th man when it comes to these huge home games.

If things don't work out under Ancelotti then the club is finished. There is no one better put there. If he cant do it then maybe we have massive issues. Or shock horror, maybe the players are crap, overpaid and mentally fragile.

Anyone who is calling out the manager is properly clueless and I have no qualms in saying that. Its bad enough losing like that, but even worse seeing people turn on the best manager we could hope to have.
Not turning on him, just saying that he picks the team and is also responsible
Madness to suggest otherwise

After a game like that it's easy to feel down. Start to worry that likes of richy and James will begin thinking why should I hang around here. So let's try look at ten positives

1. Olsen was solid and will challenge pickford to up his game

2. Dcl got another good poachers goal and remains a genuine goal threat

3. We are still up in the table despite two poor game's

4. Iffy defensively but missing Holgate and Godfrey not yet shown what he may do for us in his normal position

5. One game nearer having our best played return

6. Also nearer January window to being some players in or kick some out

7. One game nearer retirement for some of today's team...

8. Carlo will have a better idea of who he can rely on in future games and in what way

9. At least we've seen at full strength we can carry a threat and score against anyone

10. Got a full week for carlo to read the riot act and sort it out

Good but on 8 carlo should have seen enough by now that he can’t rely on Sig, delp and Gomes in there let alone the 3 of them at once. Maybe he sees Sig scoring in the cup games and is fooled by false hope but we Evertonians have seen him over years. Wonder if he is clued in on how he has performed before he arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.