2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, he’s only played 5 games, and you’ve said yourself he’s been poor in a couple of them, so I’m not sure What sort of standards we’re expecting if that’s ‘fine’ to be honest.

allan has had 2 poor games, doucs too.
Should we play them out of position and hang them too???!!

Oh. To be fair I had no idea we’d killed the bloke, I thought people were just passing comment on his ‘performance’. Feel awful now.

the usual knee jerk over-reaction.

he has a bad game and its....he is finished, that injury has ruined him....not good enough....sell him.

its pathetic...and its every player that has a poor game.
It happens.

the usual knee jerk over-reaction.

he has a bad game and its....he is finished, that injury has ruined him....not good enough....sell him.

its pathetic...and its every player that has a poor game.
It happens.
In some cases You’re right. If people are saying that about DCL or whoever then it’s knee jerk stuff. Not for Gomes though, you’d have to be astoundingly blinkered to think that. I’m being serious when I say he’s probably still in single figures for good (as in genuinely good not just ‘didn’t do anything wrong’) games since he got here, and about 4/5 of them were his first 4/5 games. He’s been at best average for getting on for 2 years, occasionally absolutely appalling. The last properly good game I remember him having was West Ham at home, over a year ago.

Really a different player after his injury. Just always the worst defensive player on the pitch. Doesn’t create anything and never scores. He really is a waste out there.

He was putting these games in from the moment he got here. At least back then we had some decent performances every now and again though.

In some cases You’re right. If people are saying that about DCL or whoever then it’s knee jerk stuff. Not for Gomes though, you’d have to be astoundingly blinkered to think that. I’m being serious when I say he’s probably still in single figures for good (as in genuinely good not just ‘didn’t do anything wrong’) games since he got here, and about 4/5 of them were his first 4/5 games. He’s been at best average for getting on for 2 years, occasionally absolutely appalling. The last properly good game I remember him having was West Ham at home, over a year ago.

Been really quite disappointed with him as a signing.

Gomes is done for. He was a doubtful buy when we bought him and his injury has finished him off. His will has always been weak and he is in a pit of depression now from which it will be virtually impossible to escape. Sell and replace him in January. The Prem is too fast for him and his bottle has gone.

With better players around him, I thought he might thrive this season but he's contributing nothing other than needlessly giving the ball away. It's not a bad run of form, he's been nowhere near the player we thought we were getting for a long time now.

The fact he struggled at a brilliant Barcelona team says a lot. A ball playing midfielder who couldn't perform in a side with the talent they used to have says a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.