2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get people want him played centrally but the bloke couldn’t trap a bag of cement. He’s also trying so hard to stand out and keep his place that he’s just making the wrong decision constantly. No one wants to see him attempting fancy flicks when we’re 2 nil down, he needs to be doing the basics right (like controlling a football) and building upon that.

I get people want him played centrally but the bloke couldn’t trap a bag of cement. He’s also trying so hard to stand out and keep his place that he’s just making the wrong decision constantly. No one wants to see him attempting fancy flicks when we’re 2 nil down, he needs to be doing the basics right (like controlling a football) and building upon that.
I am thinking of football professionals at Everton who evaluated him and spent some sum of money on him. Even now he worth 25 mil on Transfermarkt.

I am thinking of football professionals at Everton who evaluated him and spent some sum of money on him. Even now he worth 25 mil on Transfermarkt.
I’m not sure how much evaluation you can do on a deadline day signing but they certainly didn’t evaluate the signing very well did they? I couldn’t see anyone paying close to that for him I guess that figure is just because of how much we paid for him

I’m not sure how much evaluation you can do on a deadline day signing but they certainly didn’t evaluate the signing very well did they? I couldn’t see anyone paying close to that for him I guess that figure is just because of how much we paid for him
"Didn't evaluate very well" is understatment. Transfermarkt value is only sign how apsurd it is.

Would love to know what was going through Brand’s head when he made this signing.

Cost around 30m
15 months into his contract
30 league appearances,1 goal, 2 assists.
Doesn’t do anything on the wing, can’t cross, no awareness of what’s happening around him, can’t pass, constantly loses possession, slow, doesn’t help get back when needed

That’s absolutely terrible.

I’ve seen players who were deemed bad signings offer more than this lad, Bilyaletdinov as an example.

I’ll be honest I was excited for this singing. He has the ability saw that arsenal and flashes here. Can find a pass in tight areas but honestly he has regressed here. Now could he have a chance in the middle 3. Probably be more effective going forward but he just switches off, and probably be dangerous when we lose the ball high up. Either way don’t think it matters because after that performance will be surprised to see him again.

Would love to know what was going through Brand’s head when he made this signing.

Cost around 30m
15 months into his contract
30 league appearances,1 goal, 2 assists.
Doesn’t do anything on the wing, can’t cross, no awareness of what’s happening around him, can’t pass, constantly loses possession, slow, doesn’t help get back when needed

That’s absolutely terrible.

I’ve seen players who were deemed bad signings offer more than this lad, Bilyaletdinov as an example.

These are the hard cold facts about Iwobi. Any of the nonsense uttered below needs to be pointed back to this I think:
"He has something about him though"
"There's a footballer in there somewhere"
"If only he was more consistent"
"He just needs to work on his final ball"
"He would be more effective if he wasn't played out of position"
"He will come good"

Footballers need to deliver results on the pitch and Iwobi simply doesn't, nor hasn't, and unless he changes his attitude and gets a lot better, unfortunately likely never will

Think at best I'd give him a final whirl against Newcastle playing through the middle, his best performances have come from there

Pickford
Kenny Mina Keane NkNk
Douc Allan
James Iwobi Gordon
DCL
If he puts in a performance anywhere near what we saw Sunday keep him benched for a good while

Think at best I'd give him a final whirl against Newcastle playing through the middle, his best performances have come from there

Pickford
Kenny Mina Keane NkNk
Douc Allan
James Iwobi Gordon
DCL
If he puts in a performance anywhere near what we saw Sunday keep him benched for a good while

Don't agree with all this me, regardless of what his best position is it still shouldnt stop him from being able to do the basics like pass or cross the ball, which he is totally incapable of doing.

To all the people saying 'play him centrally', please note something I like to call 'the siggurdson effect'. If you play someone this hopelessly awful in the crux of your team, it infects other plays and drags them down said awful player's standards. The awful player may be better off playing centrally, but the team as a whole certainly will not be.

Status
Not open for further replies.