2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disappointed with his play out wide at the weekend; seemed to make a catalogue of poor decisions but most of the others in the team too. It seemed that we were back to believing we are better than we are and that we can beat teams without putting in the effort. It was again that slow turgid indecisive passing game that drove me to tears of frustration last season.

Determining to beat the man and cross the ball first time would make such a difference to his game. I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen - has the Arsenal way drilled into him.
Bingo. The second we stop respecting other sides is the moment we start losing games. This is a very dangerous league with plenty of sides that you have to plan for. We were way too unorganized and not working hard enough to prevent Southampton from exposing us on the flanks. Part of the blame lies on the players, but I think Carlo played a risky hand as well and it backfired. Hopefully it’s a wake up call

He's not a winger. I was told this by an Arsenal fan as soon as we signed him. He's certainly not a striker either. His only hope is to convert into a CM in a 3 man midfield. I'm not sure he's good enough defensively for that though either.

We play him on the wing and keep expecting him to do stuff it's never gonna work, Countless people have said he can't play there even Wenger.
Maybe he's like Siggy where you kind of just bring him on when legs are tired to offer something different like Brighton.

...although we see flashes of good play he continues to be largely ineffective which is such a disappointment. I wonder whether he might be better than Sigurdsson in a central position, but there should be no excuses for his poor performance against Southampton.

He doesn’t have anything about him that looks like a footballer.

For example, sigurdsson has been a disappointment but you can see his quality from some of the goals he’s scored and assists he’s got.
Niasse was rubbish at football but given the chance in the box he tended to score.
Pickford is not consistent enough to be our number one and is prone to a mistake or two a game but we’ve all seen him pull off top saves, save penalties and even start attacks with a good long ball.
Bernard is too lightweight and drifts in and out of games but we see his work rate and skill on the ball.

What is Iwobi? What is he good at doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.