John oster
John o'kane
Mitch ward
Carl Tyler
Per kroldrup
Ashley williams
Jonas lossl
Alcatraz

I reckon there's loads more in the 90s era.

And a couple of dozen from the 70's. Not too many from the 60's though Ernie Hunt springs to mind.

There's a fair few...

Steve simmonsen
Alex nyarko
Ibrahim bakayoko
Mitch ward
Gareth farrelly

John oster
John o'kane
Carl Tyler

Per kroldrup
Ashley williams
Jonas lossl
Alcatraz

I reckon there's loads more in the 90s era.

Considering the finances I reckon Ward and Tiler did OK for us. Terrible side but they never stuck out to me as bad signings and I thought Tiler especially was better than he was given credit for. Limited but reliable.

John O'Kane wasn't shockingly bad either from what I remember and deffo not in the category of worst signings ever. Farrelly kept us up and (I think) has become a massive blue so gets a pass as well. I'd put Danny Williamson or Stephen Hughes in miles ahead of him.

None of them are at the Kroldrup - Nyarko level.

I'd love to see a comparison of 'crap' transfers between teams. I genuinely think we'd be at the top even before the Moshiri money. As good as Moyes was there were some absolute duffers from him too.

There's a big difference between crap players and terrible transfers. When were really bad and had no money obviously we signed some players who weren't up to scratch, but who were probably fairly decent value for what we actually paid. It's not a terrible signing if you couldn't really expect any more for the outlay. It's the big money buys who don't give you a return who are the terrible signings, even if they're pretty decent players in their own right. Sigurdsson, Tosun, Bilyaletdinov etc are the ones you just can't afford to make.

There's a big difference between crap players and terrible transfers. When were really bad and had no money obviously we signed some players who weren't up to scratch, but who were probably fairly decent value for what we actually paid. It's not a terrible signing if you couldn't really expect any more for the outlay. It's the big money buys who don't give you a return who are the terrible signings, even if they're pretty decent players in their own right. Sigurdsson, Tosun, Bilyaletdinov etc are the ones you just can't afford to make.

Yep. Signing Cleverley on a free and then binning him off to Watford for £7-8M(?) is not a terrible signing.

Siggurdson by a mile. Our highest ever transfer. And he’s awful. Play him and he makes the entire team worse, and because of his fee, managers feel obliged to play him. Even Carlo can’t help himself sometimes.

Tarashaj is the guy I had in mind. But tbh I (we) could name about over.100 players that have been rubbish for us. I could name useless players from say 1970 to the present day. If anyone thinks that one hundred is an exaggeration. just think that we could name about forty since the Martinez to Silva years without to much trouble. Another 40 day through the 1990s. And easily 20 to 40 from 1970 to the early 1980s. Must make a list sometime.......
And we have made some awful signings and complete waste of money the past 5-6 years............thank God for the sky money..

I’m still saying Iwobi, the price tag and the fact he’s poor at football is enough for me. Siggy has done a lot compared to him as well as a few more in the lists mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.