2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed Zaha or someone of the ilk to be able to rotate with James and Richarlison.

We didn't and we are now paying the price. People were too busy gushing over the new midfield and never seeing Gylfi again to open their eyes to the fact our back up options out wide are atrocious and we have not one natural right sided player after moving on Walcott.

Stop it, blaming Iwobi for James is really clutching. The lad was poor for whatever reason but not because of Iwobi. The lad can’t defend and today he needed to, end of story. When we’re on top he is and will be a delight

I'll stop; mainly for one reason and that's because I rarely comment on him anyhow because, yeah, I don't care for him. Never have; didn't think anything of him when he was at Arsenal. But I generally leave players alone that I don't care for as it's pointless.

Remember, Carlo took him off, not me. At the half, no less. The amount of times he coughed the ball up and caused everyone else to have to turn tail was ridiculous. And he didn't just mess with James' game, he f-ed with everyone else's in not being able to do the basics of an away match by keeping control of the ball.

Richarlison's out...he's his cover, and Carlo didn't even consider leaving him on to try and play himself in to this match or the next. That's damning.

Massively hampered by the lack of a proper right back behind him. Didn't look fully fit either. Still pulled off some lovely cross field passes, but given our impotence in an attacking sense, no surprise nothing came of it.

Huge mistake letting Walcott + Kean go with no one coming in. Can't remember the last time we played a game with only 1 striker in the entire squad.

I'll stop; mainly for one reason and that's because I rarely comment on him anyhow because, yeah, I don't care for him. Never have; didn't think anything of him when he was at Arsenal. But I generally leave players alone that I don't care for as it's pointless.

Remember, Carlo took him off, not me. At the half, no less. The amount of times he coughed the ball up and caused everyone else to have to turn tail was ridiculous. And he didn't just mess with James' game, he f-ed with everyone else's in not being able to do the basics of an away match by keeping control of the ball.

Richarlison's out...he's his cover, and Carlo didn't even consider leaving him on to try and play himself in to this match or the next. That's damning.
James was poor today, end of. Dry your eyes.

Why did Gilfy take the corner kicks instead of James? If you have James serving DCL, Yerry and Keane, this is as strong as it gets for aerial offensive. Was it because James was injured, or was it because Carlo wanted to give Gilfy the opportunity? It is hard to find a better player in the planet than James to take corners. Why wasnt he used for what is arguably his strongest feature?

Think he'll be out until after the international break now.

Potentially back for Utd at best - wouldnt risk him for Newcastle.

I love Ancelotti but not sure he managed it so well today. Hindsight is wonderful, but he should have kept a sub back for James knowing he went into the match with an injury. Making all 3 before minute 60 seemed a big mistake, and we got caught out.

Digne and Richarlinson completely stupid the last 2 games as well.

Just hasn’t been his best the past two weeks. Still hits killer passes, but he can do so much more. Surely Gordon has to be given the start over Iwobi next week. Let’s see if James can hit some cross field dimes to Gordon and get something going. He missed Richy today

Thought it was funny when he moved into the middle more, clearly getting pissed off at what he was seeing and what was going on. Absolute baller, shame some of our other players are complete wastrels.

I love Ancelotti but not sure he managed it so well today. Hindsight is wonderful, but he should have kept a sub back for James knowing he went into the match with an injury. Making all 3 before minute 60 seemed a big mistake, and we got caught out.

Digne and Richarlinson completely stupid the last 2 games as well.

Annoys me seeing fans make excuses for them - they are 2 of my favourite players but both have absolutely let us down massively.

When does Aubameyang get sent off for Arsenal? Or Kane for Spurs? Vardy for Leicester, Jimenez for Wolves etc

Teams talismans do it on the pitch not kick out in petulance leaving us threadbare for 3 games.

Richarlison has had 2 straight red cards in 3 seasons at the club - which for a forward player is poor. I know the one against Bournemouth was soft but stop getting yourself into those situations.

James Rodríguez curls one in from a corner - aged 13!
Archive footage of a teenage James Rodríguez scoring from a corner kick in 2004. He has scored goals os all shapes and sizes - but never tap-ins...

Status
Not open for further replies.