2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
@davek

James is not the type of player to take games off. He left teams because he wanted to play every game. He told his NT coach don't call me up if I'm not gonna start, etc. The man wants to play.

He has a tendency to pick up knocks. Miss a week or 2 and then come back. It's frustrating. Caused him to miss most of the 2018 WC and especially the game vs England. You don't think he wanted to play?

His injury record was a concern people knew about before signing him. Carlo is helping by not making him in run like Doucoure. I think he will be fine buy to suggest he is just taking games off os ludicrous and ridiculous. Especially when we are in first place,have no cup game, and are missing Richy. This is not the game to "skip".

This 100%

I haven't enjoyed football this much since World Cup 98. There were some absolute ballers on show then. Zidane, real Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Viera, Bergkamp, Henry, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Kluivert, Batistuta, Baggio etc. Poetry in motion in most games. The samba song. The Pepsi ads with the Brazil squad volleying the ball all over the shop. Just magic.

I always had a soft spot for defenders back then. Thuram, Cannavaro, Nesta, Maldini.. and for some reason Scotland's Colin Hendry were my idols.

Our boy Hamez brings back some of that samba magic when football was pure joy. God bless his little Colombian head.
I was just thinking about Roberto carlos the other day when some pundits were making out attacking fullbacks were a modern thing, they're really not.

@davek

James is not the type of player to take games off. He left teams because he wanted to play every game. He told his NT coach don't call me up if I'm not gonna start, etc. The man wants to play.

He has a tendency to pick up knocks. Miss a week or 2 and then come back. It's frustrating. Caused him to miss most of the 2018 WC and especially the game vs England. You don't think he wanted to play?

His injury record was a concern people knew about before signing him. Carlo is helping by not making him in run like Doucoure. I think he will be fine buy to suggest he is just taking games off os ludicrous and ridiculous. Especially when we are in first place,have no cup game, and are missing Richy. This is not the game to "skip".

@davek

any chance you could reply to this just saying “ye fair play, you could be right” and leave it at that

would just be amazing to see. A monumental moment for the forum

long time fan, first time writer

This 100%

I haven't enjoyed football this much since World Cup 98. There were some absolute ballers on show then. Zidane, real Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Viera, Bergkamp, Henry, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Kluivert, Batistuta, Baggio etc. Poetry in motion in most games. The samba song. The Pepsi ads with the Brazil squad volleying the ball all over the shop. Just magic.

I always had a soft spot for defenders back then. Thuram, Cannavaro, Nesta, Maldini.. and for some reason Scotland's Colin Hendry were my idols.

Our boy Hamez brings back some of that samba magic when football was pure joy. God bless his little Colombian head.

Ive been trying to think who are the highest quality naturally gifted footballers in terms of footballing skill in the PL i think its KDB and Jamo. They are two best for me mate. I like Fenrnandes at Utd, Grealish and Maddison but KDB and Jamo are a good bit ahead in my opinion.

Absolute privilege watching this fella.

Makes me feel like a fraud for idolising false prophets in years gone by.

Just hope we can keep him fit...

Since this, it's been revealed he's had an injury.

It would be a result if we can get 75/80% of games out of him.

Would also help if his teammates and the club were a little more protective/caused a fuss when he gets clattered every game.

@davek

I think it's naive - given his injury record - not to believe he'd be looking to dose his effort at Everton. The pace of the league is like nothing James will have experienced.

With Ancelotti's blessing he'll be resting him and we'll see him in and out of the team, doing 5/6 blocks of games then out for a couple of weeks.

That's what we'll see IMO.

Look, if he does that and we get the standard we've seen so far I, for one, wont be complaining about it.

There's something morally wrong about earning circa £50k a week but taking a couple of weeks off agreed paid, no mate never happening.

I think it's naive - given his injury record - not to believe he'd be looking to dose his effort at Everton.

Ridiculous. This is just being a WUM.

Effort? Come off it. He could have sat on the bench at Real Madrid but chose to come over to Kirkdale.

But then you know this, you're being a WUM and I'm pretty tired of it.

Fitness and injury is one thing, effort is totally different.

Ridiculous. This is just being a WUM.

Effort? Come off it. He could have sat on the bench at Real Madrid but chose to come over to Kirkdale.

But then you know this, you're being a WUM and I'm pretty tired of it.

Fitness and injury is one thing, effort is totally different.
Not his effort in a game; his effort over a season. And understandably so. This league is helter skelter compared with what he's used to.

They'll manage his fitness, and rightly so.

Effort is a nonsense.
Can he keep up his effort for a season? Look at is injury record. And the PL is punishing. IMO Ancelotti will be overseeing his number of appearances with that in mind. How is that objectionable?

I think it's naive - given his injury record - not to believe he'd be looking to dose his effort at Everton. The pace of the league is like nothing James will have experienced.

With Ancelotti's blessing he'll be resting him and we'll see him in and out of the team, doing 5/6 blocks of games then out for a couple of weeks.

That's what we'll see IMO.

Look, if he does that and we get the standard we've seen so far I, for one, wont be complaining about it.
To all our new South American friends. Welcome to the world through Dave's eyes.

No matter how well we are doing or how positive we all feel he will always be along at some point to pee on our parade.

Get used to it. He's not for turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.