Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
euro football, especially CL will mean that Carlo can attract more and better players, I don't think cash is an issue at the moment, certainly now that we are obviously going in the right direction (finally) I think Mosh and Uncle Al wont be shy in getting the cash out

It also means the players we have like Richarlison will stay.

Only because pre game many(not all) everton fans seemed convinced that this would be an easy victory...for various reasons...playing well, villa, carlo at Napoli....just remember, 3 points behind flying everton having played chelsea, gunners and you lot. Who've you played bar today? Spurs?...

To be fair that is easily the worst we have played in any game this season and by your manager's estimation after the game the best you have played against us during his time with you.

It's easy to get upset when decisions don't go your way, we know more about this than most and especially when playing your lot, which is a big reason why your customer's reactions are rather humorous. Bad decisions will happen to us in future games as numerous did yesterday, that is the reality of the game.

My personal take on yesterday is that a goalkeeper is not only allowed to make himself big and challenge for the ball in his area, he is expected to. It was unfortunate that someone got injured but there was no way at all that it was an intentional foul and if VVD studs did not get caught in the ground he most likely would have had no issue, so a bit of bad luck.

Richarlison was a full-blooded challenge but if you are willing to look at it objectively you will see that he retracts his foot so as to not go studs in but the momentum carries him forward. Thiago played on until the end.

Again, if we are being objective, just before the Richarlison tackle you can clearly see that Mane, already on a yellow, lashes out and trips Mina. This was either ignored or not seen but should have been flagged by the linesman if the ref had missed it and also should have been picked up by VAR. I don't think it was a straight red, but was a mirror of the offence that saw Beckham sent off in the world cup but should have been at least a yellow - meaning a second yellow, so red. This is not taking into account the theatrics with Gomez, which should have been another pulled up.

Mane should not have been on the pitch for his disallowed goal.

One that did have clear intent was Robertsons vindictive and nasty challenge on Allen. This deserved a card 100%.

Hopefully, we won't play as badly as we did yesterday in our upcoming games and your lot showed signs of improvement following the Villa humiliation. I expect that you will win more games than you draw or lose, same for us but I expect Chelsea and City to improve also. This already feels like it is going to be a widely contested season but I am hopeful that your abortion that was Project Big Picture sees any favours that you lot have had for many years from the FA wiped out and that you have to earn every point you get.

Robertson's incident is being airbrushed out of existence. The media reporting on the game is absolutely staggering in its bias, at least the reports I've seen this morning.

I dont know if anyone's mentioned it on here, but I noticed Robertson and DCL having words mid pitch after the melee. He was making as to get in Dom's face cos of something DCL said but when he stood his ground, the little scrote thought better of it and did the conciliatory pat on the shoulder routine. Of course DCL had the last laugh.

To be fair that is easily the worst we have played in any game this season and by your manager's estimation after the game the best you have played against us during his time with you.

It's easy to get upset when decisions don't go your way, we know more about this than most and especially when playing your lot, which is a big reason why your customer's reactions are rather humorous. Bad decisions will happen to us in future games as numerous did yesterday, that is the reality of the game.

My personal take on yesterday is that a goalkeeper is not only allowed to make himself big and challenge for the ball in his area, he is expected to. It was unfortunate that someone got injured but there was no way at all that it was an intentional foul and if VVD studs did not get caught in the ground he most likely would have had no issue, so a bit of bad luck.

Richarlison was a full-blooded challenge but if you are willing to look at it objectively you will see that he retracts his foot so as to not go studs in but the momentum carries him forward. Thiago played on until the end.

Again, if we are being objective, just before the Richarlison tackle you can clearly see that Mane, already on a yellow, lashes out and trips Mina. This was either ignored or not seen but should have been flagged by the linesman if the ref had missed it and also should have been picked up by VAR. I don't think it was a straight red, but was a mirror of the offence that saw Beckham sent off in the world cup but should have been at least a yellow - meaning a second yellow, so red. This is not taking into account the theatrics with Gomez, which should have been another pulled up.

Mane should not have been on the pitch for his disallowed goal.

One that did have clear intent was Robertsons vindictive and nasty challenge on Allen. This deserved a card 100%.

Hopefully, we won't play as badly as we did yesterday in our upcoming games and your lot showed signs of improvement following the Villa humiliation. I expect that you will win more games than you draw or lose, same for us but I expect Chelsea and City to improve also. This already feels like it is going to be a widely contested season but I am hopeful that your abortion that was Project Big Picture sees any favours that you lot have had for many years from the FA wiped out and that you have to earn every point you get.

This, if Mane was already on a yellow this should have been his second and then a red so yes he should not have been on the pitch. But of course this is not being focused on by the media because it would up set their favourites.

Yeah, at the end of the day, we fielded our strongest side against their strongest side a team who are champions and walked the league and we held our own and got a draw. In seasons gone by we would have collapsed after conceding an early goal.
some of our players were carrying knocks and were injury doubts, others had long flights after international fixtures,

I dont know if anyone's mentioned it on here, but I noticed Robertson and DCL having words mid pitch after the melee. He was making as to get in Dom's face cos of something DCL said but when he stood his ground, the little scrote thought better of it and did the conciliatory pat on the shoulder routine. Of course DCL had the last laugh.

I used to think I hated hendo a lot, but that little meff Robertson absolutely boils my blood.

Everything he does makes me want to ring his little scrauny neck

Only because pre game many(not all) everton fans seemed convinced that this would be an easy victory...for various reasons...playing well, villa, carlo at Napoli....just remember, 3 points behind flying everton having played chelsea, gunners and you lot. Who've you played bar today? Spurs?...
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, welcome to the world of everyone else who get bad calls and big injuries. Now koff back to RAWK you cryarse mums knicker sniffer

Pickford ran out with the sole intention of kicking the ball into row Z. Van Dyke ran in trying to get to the ball and create a scoring chance. They weren't trying to
injure each other and Pickford could easily have been the one to come off worse. Perhaps neither would have been hurt and the ball would have gone out
for a throw in or a corner.

Me, I wondered what was a CB doing in our penalty area?

Status
Not open for further replies.