Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Keep talking mate. Find out how she really feels.
Are you both still in love?
Dunno mate. We need to talk but her work hours and our situation make it extremely difficult for us to have any time together. Which I think is part of the problem. I'm hoping we can chat over the weekend. Because there's nothing I'd rather do on Derby Day than talk about relationships lol

Dunno mate. We need to talk but her work hours and our situation make it extremely difficult for us to have any time together. Which I think is part of the problem. I'm hoping we can chat over the weekend. Because there's nothing I'd rather do on Derby Day than talk about relationships lol
When we smash these today mate be careful you'll agree to anything lol. All the best buddy I hope yous can sort it all out. Relationships always need work, always give and take that's how they grow. Too many selfish people these days aren't able to commit to anything but themselves including their own children I hope the 2 of you can work it out for the best of the 3 of you, there's nothing more beautiful than a young family.

Keep trying mate.
I did that for two years but ultimately I was wasting my time as she had lost her love for me. I tried to change but it was just a lie. I had no chance of saving my marriage.
I'm rooting for you mate as I no how hard I tried to save my marriage, family and home.
She's made it clear today we can't sort it out. So Im now preparing mentally for the pain ahead. Mainly for my son tbh.

She's made it clear today we can't sort it out. So Im now preparing mentally for the pain ahead. Mainly for my son tbh.

Really sorry to hear it, mate.

At least you know where you stand, though, and you can plan the best way around all this for your boy. Sounds like your approach is spot on - Kudos for the level head in a situation where many (myself included, I’m sure) would be losing theirs.

Really sorry to hear it, mate.

At least you know where you stand, though, and you can plan the best way around all this for your boy. Sounds like your approach is spot on - Kudos for the level head in a situation where many (myself included, I’m sure) would be losing theirs.
Just another adventure..I know there's pain on the horizon but I also know there's many more good times beyond that. Plus I like a challenge. Kids are resilient. The thought of not being there at bed time, in the morning and also dropping him off fill me with dread, but we'll adapt.

Just another adventure..I know there's pain on the horizon but I also know there's many more good times beyond that. Plus I like a challenge. Kids are resilient. The thought of not being there at bed time, in the morning and also dropping him off fill me with dread,
but we'll adapt.

I’d defo feel the same. My heart breaks for you on that score, but with your attitude and the grown up way you and your wife are handling it, I’m certain you’ll all make the best of it that you can.

We’re all rooting for you, mate!

No mate. I never ever would he's everything to me mate. No worries about that
My daughter is my princess mate but the divorce has proper fcuked my head. I'm struggling to fix my relationship her because I'm living in a six man bedsit so we can't spend any quality time together.
We can't even just chill with our feet up together in front of the tv with a cuppa tea.
My ex has kept the house so she knows she still has that control over me.
Stay strong mate and look after yourself. Your lad will still look up to you.

My daughter is my princess mate but the divorce has proper fcuked my head. I'm struggling to fix my relationship her because I'm living in a six man bedsit so we can't spend any quality time together.
We can't even just chill with our feet up together in front of the tv with a cuppa tea.
My ex has kept the house so she knows she still has that control over me.
Stay strong mate and look after yourself. Your lad will still look up to you.
Oh mate that sounds harsh. Just gotta keep going mate

Cheers mate. The performances of Rovers and Everton are really helping as are the messages from you and others on this thread.

Basically I am waiting for a new posting with very strong medical support including the Public Service CMO with whom I had a 90 minute interview. All day I cannot go back to my previous situation.

As a committed Christian I will not take any legal action as I must forgive even my enemies. That man is as close as I have ever come to evil....yet I pray for him every day.

I just want to get back to work and serve my State as I have done for decades.

Cheers!
Good luck mate, my depression is like a light switch, on & off in a split second !!