2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not physical enough.
Are we playing in the 80s or something? Was David Silva etc physical? Not that I’m compared them as players by a million miles but with Allan and Doucouré behind him I’d have no problem playing Bernard over Gomes, Gomes isn’t excatly Patrick Viera in there himself is he... loses the ball constantly and floats about doing nothing

Are we playing in the 80s or something? Was David Silva etc physical? Not that I’m compared them as players by a million miles but with Allan and Doucouré behind him I’d have no problem playing Bernard over Gomes, Gomes isn’t excatly Patrick Viera in there himself is he... loses the ball constantly and floats about doing nothing

There is a reason why he isn’t playing in the middle. Carlo sees him train every day.

I was crucified for saying it but long term he isn't good enough to be in a top 4 chasing clubs midfield.

His lack of physicality/pace/ability to tackle will always be a problem in games like this.

The only way you could compensate was if he had the technical ability/ vision of James and be spraying balls forward every time he has the ball but he doesn't even do that.

Decent player but next summer him and Pickfords positions have to be the 2 main areas we look to strenghen.

When he's like this you just have to sigh and hope he rectifies it in the next match, Think it's quite obvious to see why he didn't make the grade at Barca bit too hot and cold but when he's on it he is so so good.

Would like to see Gordon in there until Gomes is absolutely 100% fit. He seems to be a player that can’t play with any sort of knock whatsoever.

Gomes is playing himself out of the team. He's talented, but so is everyone else in our midfield, and I don't think he's got the mentality to become indispensable to us. I'd have had Siggy in in front of him today and I'll be surprised if Gomes isn't benched for Southampton. Our standards are higher now, and Gomes is not meeting them.

I like Andre, but he is one of the main reasons I was hoping we’d bring in Zaha. We need an alternative whether it be Gordon, Iwobi or Sigurdsson. All three of those (jury is still out on Gordon as we haven’t seen him enough) are unreliable at best at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.