2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disappointed with Andre today, gave the ball away too much, first touch was poor, never seemed to get to grips with the game at all.
That said, thought him fronting up to Horrendouson was amusing

I don't think he'll get the "he's still recovering from injury" excuse for too much longer to be honest. That said, he's been absolutely fine this season but performances like today shouldn't happen too often as it was a bit of a horror show from Andy G.

doesnt deserve to be near starting 11 next week

Horses for courses. He will have more time against Southampton and his link up play will be better for it. Unless you advocate playing Davies or Sigurdsson from the start? Which I don't. Granted Gylfi looked better from the off today I think keeping him as a super sub is going to be more beneficial to us. You could say Carlo left it too long before making the change today during an ineffectual performance by Gomes.

Make no mistake the boss sees Allan, Doucoure and Gomes as our midfield so there is no point getting on his back, we got to hope this was a blip. We also have to respect them lot for making it difficult. They would have walloped us in previous years playing at that level.

Horses for courses. He will have more time against Southampton and his link up play will be better for it. Unless you advocate playing Davies or Sigurdsson from the start? Which I don't. Granted Gylfi looked better from the off today I think keeping him as a super sub is going to be more beneficial to us. You could say Carlo left it too long before making the change today during an ineffectual performance by Gomes.

Make no mistake the boss sees Allan, Doucoure and Gomes as our midfield so there is no point getting on his back, we got to hope this was a blip. We also have to respect them lot for making it difficult. They would have walloped us in previous years playing at that level.
Southampton are one of the higher pressing teams in the league.

Southampton are one of the higher pressing teams in the league.

Last season with Hojbjerg I can imagine, this year I don't think they have the minerals to keep that up. Yes the forwards are usually good at pressing but once you get behind them where Gomes will be operating I don't think it will be a problem.

Last season with Hojbjerg I can imagine, this year I don't think they have the minerals to keep that up. Yes the forwards are usually good at pressing but once you get behind them where Gomes will be operating I don't think it will be a problem.
They don't have the minerals as evidenced by the GA column but they are doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.