Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we do need a back up forward you've got to blend things in not just sign a shed load of players in and shut your eyes ,need to ship out a few first.

I imagine if we can boot Bernard/Tosun we may bring someone in then.

Even someone on loan or a cheap deal like King/Igahlo/Rondon etc would give you something when you need to roll the dice.

Our current options are a 1 legged Tosun and Iwobi/Bernard famed for their goal scoring prowess.
Nar?

Did you just say Igahlo?

Your trolling at this point arent you?

Even someone on loan or a cheap deal like King/Igahlo/Rondon etc would give you something when you need to roll the dice.

Our current options are a 1 legged Tosun and Iwobi/Bernard famed for their goal scoring prowess.

Gordon is also an option and he looks like he has a goal in him. But yeah, if all three of our world class front three are all injured at the same time and all for a long period then we probably would struggle because Iwobi doesn’t score as many as Jota.

Tbf I thought we were short at CB last season but obviously they saw more in Holgate than we did. Maybe they see something in Simms? If not Richy is the back up and use a Iwobi/Bernard/Gordon on the wing. I can't see Tosun playing much for us he no longer suits our style of play there would have to be two or three injuries for him to get in.

Tbf I thought we were short at CB last season but obviously they saw more in Holgate than we did. Maybe they see something in Simms? If not Richy is the back up and use a Iwobi/Bernard/Gordon on the wing. I can't see Tosun playing much for us he no longer suits our style of play there would have to be two or three injuries for him to get in.

The problem will be december - you cant fight on all fronts playing 3 games a week and juggling a big cup quarter final with the same players unless you want to risk muscle injuries.

Its all well and good playing Richarlison central to rest DCL but that still means Richarlison will have not been rested and so on.

Im astonished we didnt bring another forward in even on loan if funds weren't there to bring in someone Carlo would want in the squad long term.

Can see both sides on this to be honest. Obviously your back up will always be worse than your first choice, that’s fine. My issue is that we don’t really have a back up. There’s no drop off because there’s just nothing there. Imagine a full Goodison reacting to iwobi coming on for Richarlison at 1-0 down. Wouldn’t be pretty would it, but that’s where we are. I’m not fuming about it, it is what it is, but there’s no point pretending we’re not short of options up top because we clearly are.

You've got to be patient surely and get players in who are gonna play our pattern of play this surely takes a few transfer windows for a manager no more panic buying imo

The problem will be december - you cant fight on all fronts playing 3 games a week and juggling a big cup quarter final with the same players unless you want to risk muscle injuries.

Its all well and good playing Richarlison central to rest DCL but that still means Richarlison will have not been rested and so on.

Im astonished we didnt bring another forward in even on loan if funds weren't there to bring in someone Carlo would want in the squad long term.

Liverpool haven’t rested their front three for about 3 seasons and barely ever rotate their back 5 either. We don’t have european football this season, it’s not a huge stretch to ask players to do a league campaign with some cup games. At this point, unless we get a lower league team in the third round of the FA Cup, there’s no ‘easy’ fixtures remaining that you’d want to rest your top players in. There’s no prem fixture we could rotate in, and we want to win the cups so can’t put out a weaker team v United.

If we need to give DCL or Richarlison a rest we could actually rest DCL one game with Richy playing central, then the next game DCL can go back in the middle and a wide player could continue whilst Richarliosn got a break.

Can see both sides on this to be honest. Obviously your back up will always be worse than your first choice, that’s fine. My issue is that we don’t really have a back up. There’s no drop off because there’s just nothing there. Imagine a full Goodison reacting to iwobi coming on for Richarlison at 1-0 down. Wouldn’t be pretty would it, but that’s where we are. I’m not fuming about it, it is what it is, but there’s no point pretending we’re not short of options up top because we clearly are.

My only frustration comes because it seems like an unrequired gamble to take.

We did brilliantly this year, in terms of ins.

Just again feels like we're one short and, like you say, it isn't a 'drop off' as much as there's just Tosun, who currently isn't fit and when he is, isn't gonna do what Dom or Richarlison can do, physically.

That's probably down to Pickford, though, the dope.

Liverpool haven’t rested their front three for about 3 seasons and barely ever rotate their back 5 either. We don’t have european football this season, it’s not a huge stretch to ask players to do a league campaign with some cup games. At this point, unless we get a lower league team in the third round of the FA Cup, there’s no ‘easy’ fixtures remaining that you’d want to rest your top players in. There’s no prem fixture we could rotate in, and we want to win the cups so can’t put out a weaker team v United.

If we need to give DCL or Richarlison a rest we could actually rest DCL one game with Richy playing central, then the next game DCL can go back in the middle and a wide player could continue whilst Richarliosn got a break.

They rotate a fair bit in the middle of the season, which to be fair to @ForeverBlue92 is what he's saying.

We're only four league games in. There's still a month's worth of footy to squeeze into. And it gets busy at Christmas anyway.

Throw in COVID tests etc. There's more risk this season.

I don’t think that would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.