Proposed changes to the Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many games is the 'correct' number?

I think about 5 less, reducing games Dec - Jan & extending the winter break to an actual one.

You only need to watch the spurs documentary to get a picture of the number of injuries happening through that period.

It's never going to happen. It's not for United or Liverpool to decide, they don't govern English football thankfully, neither do their American owners.

definitely wont go through as is, but I suspect it is the start of some ernest negotiations over a few months. The EFL need a bail out now & that gives a sense of urgency.

If I was betting, I would suggest there will be changes to TV revenue distribution to favour those who generate it; reduction in fixtures through scraping charity shield and possibly removing european clubs from another round of the FA cup and League Cup, but most significantly, I dont see them getting through the voting rights changes ....

I think about 5 less, reducing games Dec - Jan & extending the winter break to an actual one.

You only need to watch the spurs documentary to get a picture of the number of injuries happening through that period.

Premier leagues fans don't want this to happen. Not sure why you can't see this? There are barely any midweek fixtures as it is anymore. Get rid of some of the tedious rubbish that is international football or the ridiculously overblown European fixtures but leave the league well alone.

Utterly contemptuous pigs. The really do look down on other clubs. I have nothing but hatred for these scumbags who think the football league was set up to serve them.

What's worrying is the lack of any clubs coming out and rubbishing it. I fear they have already brought quite a few clubs with them privately

Utterly contemptuous pigs. The really do look down on other clubs. I have nothing but hatred for these scumbags who think the football league was set up to serve them.

What's worrying is the lack of any clubs coming out and rubbishing it. I fear they have already brought quite a few clubs with them privately

definitely wont go through as is, but I suspect it is the start of some ernest negotiations over a few months. The EFL need a bail out now & that gives a sense of urgency.

If I was betting, I would suggest there will be changes to TV revenue distribution to favour those who generate it; reduction in fixtures through scraping charity shield and possibly removing european clubs from another round of the FA cup and League Cup, but most significantly, I dont see them getting through the voting rights changes ....

Well all 20 teams "generate it" as people tune in to watch the league.

West Ham have. I tend to read it that the lack of clubs supporting it looks a bit odder. I mean the FA may throw it out.

The problem is, it legitmises myths like they bring in the revenue and the league would struggle without them, and lower league teams are profilgate, inequality is important and good etc.

Well all 20 teams "generate it" as people tune in to watch the league.

Yes, but in all seriousness, no one can argue they will equally. My gut feeling is this will be the beginning of discussion about a more structure PPV / PPC (Club) model, where the club with be merited based on demand generated.

Status
Not open for further replies.