Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

@kenada_blue spot on

@navidson - I think we all agree Pickford hasn't been up to scratch. Unfortunately this window was not one where we could afford to put £20-30m down on a goalkeeper unless they are guaranteed to come in and replace/be better than Pickford.

We can't be spending that much on a back up.

I still think there's a possibility that we may see a move for someone like Romero. Possibly on loan to cover ourselves and that provides competition - which is definitely needed.

In regards to Pickford himself, I believe his errors over the 18-19 season and last season were down to arrogance / over-confidence.

Now, and this is as much as a worry for me, it appears to be because he has a huge lack of confidence because of these mistakes, and that's compounding the issue.

I've said it before and I'm not looking to take the blame off Pickford, but the goalkeeping coaching has to be questioned too. It just doesn't seem to be working at all atm.
Send Pickford off to do some yoga at Buddhist retreat high in the Himalayas, comes backs next season with that stupid look gone from his face, rebalanced in body and mind...namaste

Athletic reporting that Torino, Fiorentina and Sevilla are after Josh King.

Prem clubs still can buy him up until Oct 16, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.