Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everton 'make' Llorente approach
Everton have made an approach to sign Fernando Llorente from Napoli according to reports.

Football Insider claims contact has been made with the striker’s representatives over a potential move to Merseyside.

Well in that case we'll be shouting incompetence at Carlo

We need a new goalkeeper - Anybody with two eyes in their head can see that

Absolutely.

But as I've mentioned before here...there were priorities in other positions that needed more focus.

We'll sort the GK out. Just maybe not in this window.

I’m happy that our transfer policy is to sign young players with potential than old experienced tosh looking for a last pay day

as great as it was at the time when signed the ilk of Rooney and eto’o etc it was short lived and not that successful.

I look at Utd today signing Cavani and I’m not even worried at all I just think it’s mad how much we have progressed and they have regressed. They signed ibrahimovic and loaned ighalo and it didn’t really work out for them. Sanchez was also a flop.

@kenada_blue spot on

@navidson - I think we all agree Pickford hasn't been up to scratch. Unfortunately this window was not one where we could afford to put £20-30m down on a goalkeeper unless they are guaranteed to come in and replace/be better than Pickford.

We can't be spending that much on a back up.

I still think there's a possibility that we may see a move for someone like Romero. Possibly on loan to cover ourselves and that provides competition - which is definitely needed.

In regards to Pickford himself, I believe his errors over the 18-19 season and last season were down to arrogance / over-confidence.

Now, and this is as much as a worry for me, it appears to be because he has a huge lack of confidence because of these mistakes, and that's compounding the issue.

I've said it before and I'm not looking to take the blame off Pickford, but the goalkeeping coaching has to be questioned too. It just doesn't seem to be working at all atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.