2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like to see anyone struggle , but it is obviously not doing him any good. His confidence is shot and he just isn't cut out to be a top flight keeper. I actually feel sorry for him as a person , but this beaut is going to kill our season. We need to put him out of his (and our) misery.

He’s used to pulling off telly safes with bad teams like Sunderland and previous Everton where we and them are so bad that he is not the issue.

Not cut out to be in a team that’s going for success.

If its just a matter of time then may aswell be sooner than later.
I cant see him ever ironing out these errors.
It’s difficult to see how this slump ends other than being replaced. He’s not played his way out of it with us. Been less bad but still pretty average with England. A match winning performance versus them lot might do it - but I wouldn’t bet on it.

It is difficult to say what is the best course of action here. He needs to be taken out of the firing line for his own sake. Do we risk ruining what confidence he has left by dropping him at the pit. Or do we play him, risk him having another derby game nightmare, which would definitely finish him here.

Good job us lot are not in there to slaughter him at the moment.

no he's not. Carlo just couldn't give up on England #1 so easily. Lössl will take the gloves sooner than later, if we are to fail bring someone even better.

Everton aren't the English NT though, Southgate may be able to claim Pickford hasn't let him down, Carlo certainly cannot

Just a reminder. Reading this thread was unpleasant. This is probably a cultural difference but I really don't understand why the player is being insulted. This is an incomprehensible trend in this forum. Today was a bad day but no one remembers when he saved the team before. He is definitely not a clown or the worst goalkeeper in the league.

Are you Pickford’s agent mate? He’s toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.