2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, the last one we got from you was Naismith! Aaarrrggghh!
The last CB you got from us was Dave Watson for £1,000,000 (I think) and he went on to play for England (theres an omen for you!)....we got him from Liverpool for£200,000. I think Godfrey will step up to the next level with you
and will not be wasted.

Keiron Dowell was the last player you signed from us. Hopefully he does great things for you, I'd love to see him be a success.

What do you mean? He’s acknowledged Moshiri putting funds into the club in the tweet you’ve quoted hasn’t he?
Read his analysis of the accounts from earlier in the year. He tried to maintain that we’d be unable to spend this summer due to FFP. He was wrong, and ignored those pointing out that his analysis was flawed. He even said we couldn’t sign James because of it, remember?

Read his analysis of the accounts from earlier in the year. He tried to maintain that we’d be unable to spend this summer due to FFP. He was wrong, and ignored those pointing out that his analysis was flawed. He even said we couldn’t sign James because of it, remember?

Yeah I get you. I think he’s guilty of speaking as if his opinions are fact and also making the assumption that Moshiri / the club actually care about FFP / the PLs financial regulations, as well as ignoring the fact that there are probably lots of things the club knows that we don’t (eg maybe they know FFP isn’t even gonna matter for the next couple of seasons).

But he’s not wrong when he says that, based on the financial regulations as we currently know and understand them, we are definitely falling foul of them at present. I mean the PL permits a loss of £105m over 3 years. Didn’t we post a loss of £112m last year alone? And we’re probably going to post another loss this year. Moshiri ploughing more money in doesn’t help that as it’s not revenue.

The way I see it, at least one of these things has to be true:

1. The club are absolutely banking on us getting Europe this season with the hope this will massively boost revenues (including improved commercial deals)

2. The club don’t give a shiny one about the financial regulations and are willing to pay any fine that eventually comes their way

3. The club have green light from the PL / UEFA to spend at will without repercussions given COVID

4. The club are planning for the sale of a huge asset next summer for £100m+ (eg Richarlison)

Having said all this, I’m just made up to see Moshiri backing Ancelotti. I’ll leave it to them to sort out the financials of it all.

Yeah I get you. I think he’s guilty of speaking as if his opinions are fact and also making the assumption that Moshiri / the club actually care about FFP / the PLs financial regulations, as well as ignoring the fact that there are probably lots of things the club knows that we don’t (eg maybe they know FFP isn’t even gonna matter for the next couple of seasons).

But he’s not wrong when he says that, based on the financial regulations as we currently know and understand them, we are definitely falling foul of them at present. I mean the PL permits a loss of £105m over 3 years. Didn’t we post a loss of £112m last year alone? And we’re probably going to post another loss this year. Moshiri ploughing more money in doesn’t help that as it’s not revenue.

1. The club are absolutely banking on us getting Europe this season with the hope this will massively boost revenues (including improved commercial deals)

2. The club don’t give a shiny one about the financial regulations and are willing to pay any fine that eventually comes their way

3. The club have green light from the PL / UEFA to spend at will without repercussions given COVID

4. The club are planning for the sale of a huge asset next summer for £100m+ (eg Richarlison)

Having said all this, I’m just made up to see Moshiri backing Ancelotti. I’ll leave it to them to sort out the financials of it all.

Possible truths in 1,2 and 3.

I honestly don't see 4 happening. We are now building to challenge at the top, after multiple spluttering, false starts.

2&3 look good with the addition of a 5th option...half a dozen will disappear of the wages next June.
And a 6th Covid will not go overnight and FFP...with a bit of help from City's Lawyers is a deadman walking.
And Thus 7th more will go off the wages the season after.
8th Uncle Uzzie.

If you read his analysis from the summer he simply ignored the £30m paid for the stadium naming rights for example. His reviews are always binary, as he’s got no insight into how the club hierarchy are intending managing any FFP issues.

Personally I think it’ll not even be a feature again for at least 2 years due to COVID, as realistically how can it? Again he completely failed to consider this possibility. He views things as a bean counter and makes definitive statements based on his own flawed conclusions, that’s arrogance imo. Have a view by all means but don’t try and make out that it’s infallible, as he’s consistently done, and then had to back track.

He is such a monumental bore. He wants us liquidated so he can scream I TOLD YOU SO LADS, DID YOU SEE THE ACCOUNTS?

I like The Esk. However I have to say, I don't think Moshiri is in the least bit bothered about how the accounts look and of course this would all be resolved by Moshiri just putting more money in, as he has done every season.

Even Liverpool fans are now saying it. I had one onto me last night essentially telling me not to even worry about the fees, as Moshiri will just keep throwing money at it. He has his reasons I'm sure, but I doubt he's going to be breaking the habit of the last 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.