2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am a Norwich City fan and we are in the process of being asset stripped of our young first team players.
It Ben Godfrey is to go, then I'm pleased that he is joing your team where he will not be wasted and I think your manager will improve him.

He came to us from York City for £1m + 10% of the profit. When he joined us there was talk that he would eventually become a CB. He had a season long loan (2017-18) at Shrewsbury where he played as a DM.
The following season (2018-19) he started as a CB from the first match and after an awful first month we stormed through the Championship to win it.

As for last season (2019-20) our owners didnt have the money to invest in the team to build around the youngsters and we got relegated (obvious before the season started). So people ask why our defence conceeded so many goals:

a) 3 or our 4 CBs were injured for most of the season. Godfrey hardly gets injured and when he did need an op (i think for a hernia) he was out for an incredibly short time. So were playing DMs as CB, one of which was 34 year old Tettey!

b) We didnt have much for our two deep central midfield players - the quality DM player we got in on loan from Spain had his loan ended in Jan 2020 (I think he really wanted to play as a DM and not an emergency CB). So were left playing Tettey as a CB.......result we had no DM!

c) Too open tactics wise and not physical enough.

So we have lost left back Lewis to Newcastle, Godfrey to you.......we might be losing Cantwell to Fulham or Leeds soon. That leaves us with 20 year old Aarons (practically every big club in europe is interested in him)
and 22 year old Buendia.

I would like to see you last the course and win the Prem! As for us,,,,,,,,,,,,,

How does Godfrey compare with Rio Ferdinand when he went from West Ham to Leeds?

Seem some comparisons made not least from Ferdinand himself ..

The Godfrey 10% may be the difference in keeping York going but its not the difference between life or death for Norwich City. We dont need to sell any of young players this transfer window but some players naturally want to stay in The Premiership due to the quality of the football and the wage levels, so we dont stand in their way.
I never said Norwich needed the money to survive
I said York did ,
I said if Norwich spend on a replacement that could save another 2 clubs
Read my post again and there is no need to be so touchy

Can we buy a new physio?
What.. You not like one that makes our players run off twisted ankles, and lets another walk off unaided with a groin strain.
He gets commission for player hours spent on the treatment table, what you expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.