Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the lad had a lot of positives but he was very raw. I'm not sure he'd have got a lot of game time for us. Who would he start ahead of? Richarlison? James? £20m for a back up is a big risk, look at the Kean situation.
Looked good dribbling with the ball but no composure at all near goal.

Oh for me, it’s more a case that if we were in a position to go for Zaha, and we’re talking £40m, I’d rather take a punt on some big upside players who will get game time over the season.

I’m really surprised at lack of Gordon, unless it’s a case that he really is just using rotation whilst we have theee midweek cup games on the bounce?

think it is tbh ... I mean about Gordon. He’s basically guaranteed a game a week for 4 weeks on the spin including our previous rounds . He’s getting time and playing well and if we do get knocked out I would expect him to be involved in the prem squad . I like Gordon a lot actually, not rooney or even Berkeley levels of excitement but I think he had a lot of very “ honest” attributes and qualities that will mean he makes it as a decent prem player tbh

I don't want us to sign Zaha, don't get me wrong! I'd just rather sign a couple of defenders than up and coming wingers (especially for 8 figures).

Gordon isn't even getting starts against Fleetwood, I'm not sure what's going on there.

Oh i'm aware. I'm not disagreeing, we're seriously lacking depth were we need it. Central Midfield really concerns me, centre half concerns me, but so do the wingers. That's why I was quick to dismiss Zaha, because ultimately, £40m+ would far exceed what i'd want to spend, when other areas need covering too.

An injury to James, Richarlison, leaves us with Iwobi, Walcott and Bernard as wingers, and that frightens me.

My point was more, sign players with upside, and slightly off the radar, than a lad who's got a bigger reputation from the Prem, like we have previously with Iwobi and Sigurdsson and got stuc.

think it is tbh ... I mean about Gordon. He’s basically guaranteed a game a week for 4 weeks on the spin including our previous rounds . He’s getting time and playing well and if we do get knocked out I would expect him to be involved in the prem squad . I like Gordon a lot actually, not rooney or even Berkeley levels of excitement but I think he had a lot of very “ honest” attributes and qualities that will mean he makes it as a decent prem player tbh

Yeah, he's got the pace, and some flair that will probably mean he can make it as a Premier League winger, if he continues to progress. We've seen with countless players who reach the Premier League, that they really have peaked too soon, and end up forging a good career in the football league.

I hope Gordon can maintain the promising start. I like his confidence, the story of him knocking on Ancelotti's door, asking why he's not playing pleases me. It shows he's hungry to play and improve, I'll never knock that.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but a stat on the blue room was very interesting. Today is the first time in 4 seasons Zaha hasn’t managed to dribble past at least one defender in a game

Status
Not open for further replies.