Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im gutted if a CB is the only signing we make and its an average loan.

Go all out if its the one position we want to strengthen and bring in someone thats gonna be an absolute rock at the back.

Massive massive opportunity for top 4 here grab it with both hands and speculate to accumulate.

I am hoping lessons have been learned and there will be no more panic end of window purchases like Iwobi. I would rather we keep ate powder dry and use the loan market for the CB

I'm afraid Gabriel was our only real attempt at a first choice CB and we will be going for a backup loan at this point.

Gotta be someone out there who can take us to the next level.

Not like we have spent loads this summer either - get 1 or 2 big wages out the door like Walcott/Tosun/Bolasie and get someone in.

Also like the idea of Braithwaite getting a loan move to the championship and playing regular minutes - only way he is going to develop long term.

While I'm not disagreeing that people need shifting out, as per the Carlo, '31 is too many' thing, we also have to remember we're at the start of the season. In 4 to 6 weeks, we could have 2 or 3 significant injuries, and current 'bench warmers' will be in the team, requiring decent new bench warmers if we want to achieve anything. 12 or 13 players of experience just aren't enough for a season.
Oh, apologies for any typos. Saturday night is wine night for me. :drunk:

What multiple positions do Bernard, Gomes, Sigurdsson and Iwobi cover that needs 4 of them?

Coleman / Kenny
James / who?
Doucoure / who?
Allan / Who?
Holgate / who?

Massive gulf in quality with starters and players behind them.

While the other positions all seem to have quality u20 players behind them
We can't have top class back up for every position Zat, we wouldn't be able to afford the wages for one, and no way we could possibly keep them all happy. Even the very top clubs struggle to.

What we need to aim for is a nucleus of around 17/18 players that we can rotate without significantly reducing the quality. And behind that a group of 18/22 year olds to make up the squad. I reckon we're about 2, maybe 3 short of that 17/18 group and hose positions would be right back and right wing. Although Seamus is starting to prove me wrong lately.

As for the others, they can Bernard and Iwobi can cover both wings and play centrally, in addition to the left midfield slot. Siggy can also play centrally. Gomes for me can play across the midfield.

We can't have top class back up for every position Zat, we wouldn't be able to afford the wages for one, and no way we could possibly keep them all happy. Even the very top clubs struggle to.

What we need to aim for is a nucleus of around 17/18 players that we can rotate without significantly reducing the quality. And behind that a group of 18/22 year olds to make up the squad. I reckon we're about 2, maybe 3 short of that 17/18 group and hose positions would be right back and right wing. Although Seamus is starting to prove me wrong lately.

As for the others, they can Bernard and Iwobi can cover both wings and play centrally, in addition to the left midfield slot. Siggy can also play centrally. Gomes for me can play across the midfield.

If you look back at my original couple of posts, what i was saying is that theres an interesting correlation.

U20s are actually direct backup for about 6 positions.

The positions where we have a huge drop off without quality or potential are becoming obvious areas we need to strengthen...those are the 5 positions where we have over 20s backup.

Found it interesting that we have 6 u20s as direct backup and the other 5 areas were actually weak in for depth.

Really happy with the squad to be honest. I’m not to bothered if the window closed tomorrow. Just hoping for the obvious outs now.
I'd still like a couple more Ins but I wouldn't be too upset if we went with what we have.

I wanted a young right back to bomb on, but Seamus is doing great to be fair. I just don't think he has it in his legs to do it often enough. And I wanted a top drawer quick winger, preferably left footed. But that would reduce the opportunities for young Gordon and I can see him kicking on this year.

Would be quite happy if we signed that young CB from Barca on loan too, jjst in case of more injuries before Mason is fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.