Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been a fantastic window even if nothing else happens. Nkounkou, Doucoure, Allan and James are signings of high caliber and were done at sensible numbers.

That said, watching Iwobi an Davies come on as subs only serves to remind how fragile it all is. If either of them see an extended run we will suffer for it. Hopefully we seem some unwanteds leave and we can add a few, even if only loans.

But people have been saying the same for years mate.

Im not saying you are wrong, hell I bet Moshiri for 1 totally agrees with you, mans a madman, imagine what he's doing now, sitting on his yacht looking at Hamez Everton highlights on repeat, speed dialling Barca asking how much Messis release clause is again.

We have about 500k a week in wages not even making matchday squads and probably another 200k or so we wouldn't miss.

Its not even about money as such, its about being slightly sensible.

I know its getting late, but I've been saying for a while that we are probably gonna have to wait for the last day to punt, punt, punt, then its about what we can get in

I agree, the clock is ticking, not cos of a misplaced belief that "other teams can be got at", as I say, Everton is the only club we should ever worry about, if we get it right, it matters not what other teams do.

But the clock is ticking for some of the reasons you said, I think we have Carlo for a limited time, if it stops working, for a long period, he will probably, well switch off, some of our better players have a limited shelf life, but its not 12months, so for me its not all or nothing this summer. Yes the squad is far from perfect, but I'm still hopeful we can get players in.

Next year some of the problem players, well they simply wont be our problem, cos their contracts go byebye, ideally we have less rubbish next summer.

Just chill for now, Big bad Marcel got this.
Agree totally. Spend now while we have the best chance for years to push for the top 4. Centre half a must and hopefully another class forward player.

For me if we cant flog them send them to formby beach until their contracts expire in 12-24 months and let Usmanovs sponserships cover the excess wages.

Im telling you we'll be kicking ourselves if we dont take advantage of this season - Citeh and RS aside top 4 and a trophy is right up for grabs - or an injury or two and its Davies & Iwobi swanning around the pitch giving every ball away.

I think the unearthing of Branthwaite and Nkounkou show the future of the club. Also the emergence of Anthony Gordon. They have to be allowed to transition into regular starters here.

Goalkeeper is an issue, but Pickford has a long contract and is at the moment the number 1. There is probably better out there, but I expect he will be given this season to impress or be replaced.

I expect we will add a CH. I think the deal was dropped for Gabriel as he was not committed to the cause as much as the financial side. I expect we will add a CH (hopefully not from Chelsea).

I'd still like a couple more Ins but I wouldn't be too upset if we went with what we have.

I wanted a young right back to bomb on, but Seamus is doing great to be fair. I just don't think he has it in his legs to do it often enough. And I wanted a top drawer quick winger, preferably left footed. But that would reduce the opportunities for young Gordon and I can see him kicking on this year.

Would be quite happy if we signed that young CB from Barca on loan too, jjst in case of more injuries before Mason is fit.

Good post mate, I think we are fine. If money or compliance wasn’t an issue, I’d go for a young right back, Frimpong or Lampety would be my shouts. I suspect relying on Seamus will see him fatiuqed. But I think there is an argument there for giving Kenny an opportunity over a Sibide of this world.

Equally at centre half, I see the logic in bolstering our number there with injuries, but like right back, I’d like to see Branthwaite get the squad spot all fit, rather then developing a kid for another club.

A winger I don’t think is necessary myself, our width is coming from full backs. Id find it hard to drop our current starting players, while behind that we have a stable of wide players. Not saying we couldn’t improve on that, just don’t think we will wallpaper over the cracks this window until we loose a few there next window.

So were I would stand, unless we are investing in a permanent first choice signing for centre half, right back and the wing then I’d rather gI’ve opportunities to the youth we have and wide players then loaning myself. In truth I see those positions as the ones we target next summer.

Once PP is granted Usmanov can do what he likes with the naming rights dough.

Unless you believe him throwing £30 million to be front of a non existent que is totally legit and he has no hidden influence at the club...

Yeah you keep saying that, but we don't get the 30m as soon as we get PP.

Thats just something you keep assuming.

"Everton's agreement with USM was signed last week and the Blues have confirmed that the £30m will be exclusively used in funding the costs of building the new stadium.

Everton‘s chief finance and commercial officer Sasha Ryazantsev said: “We feel it is a really important step in this project.

“The option is £30m and will be ring-fenced for the stadium development project going forward.

“This innovative deal secures additional commercial revenue for the club and the option premium we are due to receive will be exclusively used as the club’s further contribution to the project’s equity.”

Yeah you keep saying that, but we don't get the 30m as soon as we get PP.

Thats just something you keep assuming.

"Everton's agreement with USM was signed last week and the Blues have confirmed that the £30m will be exclusively used in funding the costs of building the new stadium.

Everton‘s chief finance and commercial officer Sasha Ryazantsev said: “We feel it is a really important step in this project.

“The option is £30m and will be ring-fenced for the stadium development project going forward.

“This innovative deal secures additional commercial revenue for the club and the option premium we are due to receive will be exclusively used as the club’s further contribution to the project’s equity.”

Regardless of what its ringfenced for its still counted as income into the club.

Everton could ring fence every penny of the TV cash for whatever they wanted but its still income mate.

Regardless of what its ringfenced for its still counted as income into the club.

Everton could ring fence every penny of the TV cash for whatever they wanted but its still income mate.

I get that and it will help our FFP, but we have said it wont be used for transfers.

Money or FFP isn't our issue tho mate, Mosh ain't shy in digging deep.

Too many wage drains is our issue and its not something we can just ignore.

Just stay chill, Carlo wants players.

Everton are on the verge of signing a youngster from Swedish football, according to claims on Saturday afternoon.

Göteborgs-Posten, via Fotbollskanalen, report Imam Jagne’s switch from BK Häcken to Carlo Ancelotti’s side is almost complete. The deal is described as being so far down the line that Jagne is set to travel to England for an Everton medical, and complete his move to the Premier League club.

Sonny Karlsson, the club’s sporting director, is quoted as saying: “What remains is that he goes there, quite simply. Everything is clear in principle.”

Everton are said to be paying 15m Swedish kroner for the youngster, which works out at around £1.3m and is a significant fee for BK Häcken.

Despite his young age, Jagne is expected to join up with Everton’s U23 squad, and continue his progress under the guidance of David Unsworth.

Transfermarkt list him as a defensive midfielder, however, professional scouting platform Wyscout has four of his matches listed, and in those he played right wing, attacking midfielder, and right-sided defensive midfielder… so his final position seems to be a work in progress.
Thanks for taking the trouble of posting mate.

But he's already been written off on here because his youtube video is crap. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.