Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a good gauge on progress, Palace will no doubt sit deep make it hard to get in around them, this is games James could make the difference.
Set pieces might well be the biggest threat both teams have, Seamus will need to be on top form with Zaha.

Definitely.

Bigger challenge than WBA and probably slightly less so than Spurs. However, Palace are organised and defensively they are generally sound. They also have pace on the break.

Be interesting how Carlo set's up against them. Will the plan be to take the game to them? Or sit back and let Palace come out of their defensive shape and exploit the space?

Either way I can't see anything other than a low scoring win or a draw (0-0 or 1-1). Defo not a goal-fest on the cards

Definitely.

Bigger challenge than WBA and probably slightly less so than Spurs. However, Palace are organised and defensively they are generally sound. They also have pace on the break.

Be interesting how Carlo set's up against them. Will the plan be to take the game to them? Or sit back and let Palace come out of their defensive shape and exploit the space?

Either way I can't see anything other than a low scoring win or a draw (0-0 or 1-1). Defo not a goal-fest on the cards
Unless Pickford decides to throw a few in lol

Definitely.

Bigger challenge than WBA and probably slightly less so than Spurs.
Apart from the psychological factor of playing away to one of the league's bigger sides, that Spurs game was not the challenge it could have been. I'd go as far as saying they were totally undercooked for a football match in the PL. They didn't look ready at all. Everton's game management was excellent but the opposition was very poor.

My point is that I think Palace represents a significantly bigger challenge than Spurs did on that particular day.

......tough game, Palace carried genuine threat and were worthy winners last weekend at Old Trafford. That game might have suited Palace, though, because they didn’t have to make the running and had ammunition to hit United on the break.

We will sit deeper than United and the game will probably be less stretched. Selhurst one of the grounds where having no crowd might benefit us. Difficult result to predict.

......tough game, Palace carried genuine threat and were worthy winners last weekend at Old Trafford. That game might have suited Palace, though, because they didn’t have to make the running and had ammunition to hit United on the break.

We will sit deeper than United and the game will probably be less stretched. Selhurst one of the grounds where having no crowd might benefit us. Difficult result to predict.
We are due a pen mate

Very interesting game as they have pace on the break. Hodgson will probably play as they did at Old Trafford, sit deep and fast on the break with plenty of support. Our defence will be well tested this game. When we get the ball we've become very good at using it so expect us to be able to work chances. A well fought victory.

I think Palace will be a tough game for us though. Unlike Tottenham I don't think they will come onto us as much, and will be better off set plays. They will also be better organised than West Brom. Hodgson is a very canny manager at this level, knows their strengths and weaknesses and plays to them. They will be fine again this season.

It feels a bit game for us. A 3rd challenge in the league and again quite a different one. If we can come through this, it will be another big tick in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.