Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly , Lampard is a loathsome cockney wide-boy , he is playing us and the players along again. Don’t deal with him . In fact try not to have any dealings with any cockney’s at all , don’t trust any of them.

I get what you’re saying.

But Lampard see’s through the whole Klopp media darling charade, and seems the only person in football willing to call him out on his BS.

So far that reason he’s alright in my book Fat Frank

Exactly , Lampard is a loathsome cockney wide-boy , he is playing us and the players along again. Don’t deal with him . In fact try not to have any dealings with any cockney’s at all , don’t trust any of them.

They are probably quietly encouraging our interest, but I hope we don't fall for it. I don't think they're actively trying to be awkward but it is long enough now into the window for Lampard to have decided which of his CB's are surplus and what he is going to do about that. It doesn't need to be dragged out, but they obviously want to do that just because they can.

I actually hope now we sign someone else and not be left playing poker with them at 4pm on October 5th.

View attachment 102084

Apparently came on for Yobo after 15 minutes! So god knows where he was playing, presumably right back with Hibbert moving to cb.

My memory of that game was Coleman coming on quite late and inspiring the comeback, but clearly I’ve destroyed most of my brain cells in the last few 11 years
I don't think you're wrong in general mate. But I have a fairly clear memory of thinking that I'd never seen a full back have such an explosive attacking impact on his debut, and couldn't believe it was the kid we'd signed from the League of Ireland the previous January - a transfer I mocked at the time as being another of Moyes' pointless youth transfers we'd never see!

In that sense we can see how he cope's here, With as said he was not brilliant as schalke the games i seen of him, but things change and dont even have a clue how hes done at Barcelona, but looking he hardly played anywhere really with only been 20

If you want to see what hes capable of in a decent team then find the Inter vs Barca match last year online. You'll be impreesed and think hes a £60mil centre back.

I’m still to be convinced with Todibo, he was THE promising young French CB at one time but his form has fallen off a cliff in recent years when he really should have been kicking on. More than happy to be proven wrong but I’m iffy

A year ago he was motm vs Inter playing for Barca.

Two years ago he was offered the highest contracted salary in Toulouses history.

What are these "years" you speak of?

View attachment 102084

Apparently came on for Yobo after 15 minutes! So god knows where he was playing, presumably right back with Hibbert moving to cb.

My memory of that game was Coleman coming on quite late and inspiring the comeback, but clearly I’ve destroyed most of my brain cells in the last few 11 years
Not many of those still playing.
Shame the ref is still going though.

If you want to see what hes capable of in a decent team then find the Inter vs Barca match last year online. You'll be impreesed and think hes a £60mil centre back.

A year ago he was motm vs Inter playing for Barca.

Two years ago he was offered the highest contracted salary in Toulouses history.

What are these "years" you speak of?
Stephen Naismith was MOTM once against Chelsea, shall we sign him?

I’m still to be convinced with Todibo, he was THE promising young French CB at one time but his form has fallen off a cliff in recent years when he really should have been kicking on. More than happy to be proven wrong but I’m iffy
He is only 20 keep that in mind, so recent years is maybe not applicable lol. Hope Barca dont play hardball on that like with Mina and Gomes that we are sweating till the last minute. We need CB cover in. Bit strange we are not pursuing the young Man City CB who is 22.

I still think a top quality RB would take this team to an even higher level. Obviously the CB situation is primarily due to injury, so that needs to be addressed, but if we could get a profile of player like young Niels on the other side (but with more experience, of course) then we'd suddenly look far more dangerous from that side.

Such small time thinking

Small time in saying we should break the bank now and put our foot to the metal?

How?

Its an opportunity to take advantage of clubs who have no income from match day revenues and don't have a benefactor like we do.

Were two or three players from being serious top four challengers.

How is that small time?

Status
Not open for further replies.