2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your opinion is the one in the minority mate.

Not saying you're wrong, but you can't dismiss what the majority of Everton fans are saying on the basis of: 'I've got a ST so i must be right'......Plenty of us have season tickets
Did I ever say that?
I was merely pointing out that I watched him regularly as well as the slightly sinister ‘We’ referenced.
I don’t mind being in the minority position.
I am not so conceited as think my opinion is anything but an opinion.
But sometimes it’s comical to see how mobs form around a point of view and of how resistant they are to any challenge , ultimately attempting to close down differing opinion by slightly belligerent posts.
For the record I agree that Pickfords lapses are a deep concern, I just think a lot of the current critique is exaggerated and ignores his attributes entirely and somewhat deliberately.

Tells you everything you need to know when you get fast food outfits like KFC sending out tweets taking the pee out of him by putting his head on the KFC bow-tie as if its his legs and arms. Get a proper goalie in before the window shuts please. This Kentucky fried clown will continue to let the team down and cost us games and points.

Which is fine , my opinion differs from yours that’s all . I couldn’t care less about being right or wrong on a player , my job doesn’t depend on it.
I would just prefer reasoned debate about the pro’s and con’s of a player rather than the hysterical vilification and over the top insults which have sadly become the norm and is ultimately becoming tedious.

Not saying you have to agree with us feller, you are 100% entitled to your opinion, it's just when your saying stuff like he's outstanding and you use your eyes, both of which seem odd comments.

We can have a debate about pros and cons but I'm struggling to think of any pros at the moment?

He takes the odd good kick? He winds the Geordies up?

But the cons AT THE MINUTE are endless?

Constant mistakes, horrible attitude, can't catch, doesn't make saves, tiny arms, looks like Shaun from this is England etc etc

he doesnt do the simple things well, needs dropping now and replacing in the long term.
if Lossi is fit needs bringing in, despite people saying he is crap ect Huddesfield fans seemed to think quite well of him .

Which is fine , my opinion differs from yours that’s all . I couldn’t care less about being right or wrong on a player , my job doesn’t depend on it.
I would just prefer reasoned debate about the pro’s and con’s of a player rather than the hysterical vilification and over the top insults which have sadly become the norm and is ultimately becoming tedious.

You'd think that was easy enough but far too many get rattled by kopites and hysteria on social media.

The second goal was an overhead kick from about two yards, he did well to even get his hand up , if it had been cleared it would have been described as a wonder save.

The first goal was the real error, he needs to realise that sometimes just clearing your lines is enough and the manager was certainly right in sharing the blame with Keane who helped land his goalkeeper in trouble with a poor pass back.

Got to be having a laugh surely mate. He should have claimed or cleared the ball comfortably a few seconds earlier when it came in but he hesitated and went back and then when the over head kick came straight towards him he did a dying fly impression.

Appalling and embarrassing goal keeping on every front.

Did I ever say that?
I was merely pointing out that I watched him regularly as well as the slightly sinister ‘We’ referenced.
But sometimes it’s comical to see how mobs form around a point of view and of how resistant they are to any challenge , ultimately attempting to close down differing opinion by slightly belligerent posts.
For the record I agree that Pickfords lapses are a deep concern, I just think a lot of the current critique is exaggerated and ignores his attributes entirely and somewhat deliberately.
Wary of stepping into what looks like an established debate/argument half way through, but felt obliged to point out that the relative importance of lapses and virtues shifts as you move back in a team. A winger with many accomplishments and a nearly equal number of lapses may still be a positive influence. A central defender, or especially a keeper, with loads of attributes, but averaging a serious lapse every other game is almost certain to have a greater negative effect on results with his lapses, than a positive one with his attributes.

The second goal was an overhead kick from about two yards, he did well to even get his hand up , if it had been cleared it would have been described as a wonder save.

The first goal was the real error, he needs to realise that sometimes just clearing your lines is enough and the manager was certainly right in sharing the blame with Keane who helped land his goalkeeper in trouble with a poor pass back.
To be fair mate, I always say it as i see it and not jump on the hate bandwagon like so many love to do ,like blaming him for the 2 v west brom or basically looking for the most silly little thing to moan about like he should save a wonder goal or be standing here/there or anywhere the person moaning says for example, but though the 1st should never be played back to him with the oppo so close he should hit it 1st time not take the touch, and the 2nd he should easily save as well for me

If we want to replace Pickford we already have Lossl , who is comparable in quality to Romero and most of the other goalkeepers mentioned at present.
I think Romero is considerably better than Lossl, but the point in itself is still a fair one. When people are saying 'he needs competition' I'm not entirely sure what they're expecting. If a bloke who's in his current national team squad and has been a number one goalkeeper pretty much throughout his career in the PL, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 isn't sufficient competition then who would be? It's a nonsense argument.

Did I ever say that?

Fair enough mate, but Pickford's form has been iffy at best for a LONG time now, since the derby error I'd say. Would you at least agree he's been inconsistent since that game?

We didn't turn on him and become an angry, irrational mob instantly as soon as that happened. We've given him chance after chance after chance, and he keeps making errors.

For how long are we supposed to keep backing him when he's costing us goal after goal? No keeper in the prem has made as many errors leading to goal as Jordan.

I supported him for a long time, probably until lockdown, but since then his form has been even worse. You say the current critique is exaggerated but he has one of the worst shots faced / shots saved % in the league, dont think its an exaggeration to say that is nowhere near good enough if we're aiming to progress.

And you say the critique ignores his attributes deliberately....what do you consider his attributes to be? Because I'm finding it difficult to see them at the moment, he makes a good reflex save every now and again but apart from that he does not excel in any area of goalkeeping IMO

Carlo has defended Pickford after the game. Maybe he had to in front of the media, but I cannot imagine he is content with the present goalkeeping position at the club. Lampard did not criticise his erring keeper either but he bought another one presumably to replace him or provide back up.

Not saying you have to agree with us feller, you are 100% entitled to your opinion, it's just when your saying stuff like he's outstanding and you use your eyes, both of which seem odd comments.

We can have a debate about pros and cons but I'm struggling to think of any pros at the moment?

He takes the odd good kick? He winds the Geordies up?

But the cons AT THE MINUTE are endless?

Constant mistakes, horrible attitude, can't catch, doesn't make saves, tiny arms, looks like Shaun from this is England etc etc
Winding up the horse punchers is a major plus surely?
I would happily detonate a nuclear device in that city and think it a day well spent.
What’s wrong with Shaun as an arl skinhead myself I thought he was boss!
Tiny arms? Really?
Never got the attitude criticism to be honest.
In the end it’s up to the management team to make the decisions anyway so nothing for us to get overly bent out of shape about ultimately.

Got to be having a laugh surely mate. He should have claimed or cleared the ball comfortably a few seconds earlier when it came in but he hesitated and went back and then when the over head kick came straight towards him he did a dying fly impression.

Appalling and embarrassing goal keeping on every front.

His big thing is reaction, so occasionally, he will save something out of blind luck. His awareness is terrible. He went past halfway to claiming that cross with no conviction to ever get there. When the guy heads it back, he was outside his near post and had to move back across to centre. Then it's fired right at him, admittedly from a short distance, but he dives backwards with 1 outstretched hand, which is bizarre, almost as though he was expecting it go higher than it did. If he stands still, or puts both his hands up without the dive for the cameras, it stays out.

I still hadn't gotten over the 2nd goal on Saturday, when he seemed to dive at it with no outstretched arm, like he wanted to head it away.

His positioning, reading of the game and the flight of the ball, his temperament, and his lack of composure are all massive problems. He plays the game, not like a top keeper, who exudes calmness, but like the mental lad who goes in goal because he doesn't mind flinging himself about. His hyperactivity is akin to the type of performance an outfield player puts in when the real goalkeeper is forced off, and to be honest, I genuinely don't see 1 strength in his game.

The second goal can't be defended, The first one is he just takes too many touches it happens sometimes with keepers so I'm not really that mad about it because some keepers tend to make that mistake.
The second goal is just disgraceful, It might be the worst thing he's ever done if the lad overhead kicks that and smashes it in fair play can't be saving that but he's absolutely fluffed it at soft speed straight to his hands it's somehow gone in and ultimately put us under pressure after cruising throughout the whole match.

Status
Not open for further replies.