Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think credit goes to Brands to mate, I don’t think the layers of age profile happened by mistake.

People seem desperate to sell anyone who isn’t in the first 11, but in truth every player is on a developmental pathway.

What strikes me as well is all the players above even the young ones all have contrasting but complimentary skill sets.

As you say we have a Senior core, so we have the luxary of developing the 18-20 bracket, it makes the criticism of Moise silly to me, were is the rush really!

One of the biggest regrets I have in recent years, is not developing and failing with Lookman, still think he’s a super talent.

I agree with all of this, and I want Kean to do well. If we are seen as a club that a young player comes to and fails, it will make things harder. I also think, if we sell/loan Kean, the first thing people will want u to do, is go and sign a back up striker. So you start thinking, well who would come, to largely sit on the bench? We end up in the same conundrum,

The one concern I have, and it's my playing amateur phsychologist here, is that his body language doesn't look great to me. While he celebrated one goal really well last week, he looks very frustrated and almost unhappy at times. When he scored last night, he looks frustrated, I do wonder about the impact this has.

I think he needs to stay involved. I watched the game a couple of days after the result at the weekend and had seen people were frustrated with him. I actually thought he did ok, his movement was good, he worked hard etc. The Rabona was a bit silly but nowhere near the mistake people say. I hope we can keep him involved from the bench at the least.

Just to reiterate what Ancelotti said last night
‘31 players is too many’.

so unless these rumours are about players leaving I doubt they’ve got much in the way of truth.

if we can’t get shot of 10 plus players I don’t think anyone will be coming in.

I think it was a clear message to Brands and the club, that maybe we need to "blink" on prices/fees we are asking. I would say the one exception is at CB. It's perhaps contingent on Holgate/Brainthwaite's progress. I know one was 8-12 weeks and one was 3-5. The lower end is markedly different to the shorter end on both. The shorter end is Brainthwaite maybe able to take a place on the bench for the Brighton game, but definately fit for the derby and in Holgates case he's about a month away so not too long after that.

1 yr left on his deal
Coronavirus hit coffers

Offer them £18-20 million and Milan will snap our hands off.

Would rather that than £6-8 million on a 33 yr old.

I think that ship has sailed. I'd also say, Rangnick will likely get him signed down to a long term deal.

Suffice to say though, I would suspend all other business, if it meant we could get him in.

I think it was a clear message to Brands and the club, that maybe we need to "blink" on prices/fees we are asking. I would say the one exception is at CB. It's perhaps contingent on Holgate/Brainthwaite's progress. I know one was 8-12 weeks and one was 3-5. The lower end is markedly different to the shorter end on both. The shorter end is Brainthwaite maybe able to take a place on the bench for the Brighton game, but definately fit for the derby and in Holgates case he's about a month away so not too long after that.
At a minimum they need Sandro, Bolasie, Benni and probably at least two others out.

I’d say it’s also a message to the players not used or have been recently ostracised from the match day squads

Just to reiterate what Ancelotti said last night
‘31 players is too many’.

so unless these rumours are about players leaving I doubt they’ve got much in the way of truth.

if we can’t get shot of 10 plus players I don’t think anyone will be coming in.

think we could definitely get rid of 5 without any ins, that would give a nice squad size of 26, that'd be Delph, Bolasie, Besic, Sandro and Tosun and that sees no impact whatsoever. If we want to bring in 3 though (RB, CB and RW) then that means we'd need another 2 out at least Kenny and Walcott you'd imagine. That's a squad of 27, which i think is a good size, but maybe not if we're not in europe, i can't remember what ancelotti said the ideal squad size would be.

i think we'd need shot of about 10 if we want to buy, but can't see us going forward with a squad of 21.

We’ve signed a 16 year old Swedish winger called Imam Jagne on a 3 year deal...

There’s one fella in the comments there who seems to know a lil bit about him: “very talented... very fast”

There’s one fella in the comments there who seems to know a lil bit about him: “very talented... very fast”

Says he’s a defensive midfielder online.

....exciting, let’s hope he’s as effective as Nkounkou.

I agree with all of this, and I want Kean to do well. If we are seen as a club that a young player comes to and fails, it will make things harder. I also think, if we sell/loan Kean, the first thing people will want u to do, is go and sign a back up striker. So you start thinking, well who would come, to largely sit on the bench? We end up in the same conundrum,

The one concern I have, and it's my playing amateur phsychologist here, is that his body language doesn't look great to me. While he celebrated one goal really well last week, he looks very frustrated and almost unhappy at times. When he scored last night, he looks frustrated, I do wonder about the impact this has.

I think he needs to stay involved. I watched the game a couple of days after the result at the weekend and had seen people were frustrated with him. I actually thought he did ok, his movement was good, he worked hard etc. The Rabona was a bit silly but nowhere near the mistake people say. I hope we can keep him involved from the bench at the least.

I think it is a matter of confidence, he is very young and living in some room on his own is not encouraging. Get off his back,

Status
Not open for further replies.