Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
could be an exciting last few days or even last day in the window for us
It will make a lovely change to actually go into the last few days of the transfer window knowing that anything we do will only improve our squad.
Any incomings will surely be up to the same standard as our recent buys and an upgrade on what we already have and any outgoings are a welcome bonus.
In the past I have gotten used to either worrying we won't get anybody decent in who we were desperate for, or panicking that one of our best players would get poached!
This is a new type of Everton. And I like it.

I’ve only ever seen videos of the lad
Is he as good as they say
Would he stand up to the physicality of the PL

Of course. At 1.9m he is not easily pushed around and has both speed & technique to deal with any attacking player

I never quite understood this concern that somehow the PL was more demanding on a player than others - even smaller players who have thrived elsewhere in Europe make the transition in England

1 yr left on his deal
Coronavirus hit coffers

Offer them £18-20 million and Milan will snap our hands off.

Would rather that than £6-8 million on a 33 yr old.

You're talking double that, and we would have to convince Raiola to get him here - and we've probably not done brilliantly on that score with the last one he let us have

Im really excited to see him develop as well mate, I think he’s one of the most exciting and naturally raw talented players we have.

If we can’t develop players like Moise, our model is doomed to fail.

Thought id reply in here Neiler.

Weve got the 22/24 age group with Richarlison, DCL, Holgate, Davies, Kenny and Iwobi.

Then the 18-20 age group with Branthwaite, Gordon, Gibson, Virginia and Kean.

Thats 11 players, about 50% of the squad who are all youngsters.

Granted, some of them dont seem to be good enough at this time but thats quite an incredible conveyor belt we have.

Interestingly (at least for me!) with Ancelotti buying a new midfield it also gives us time to bring in players in the above two age groups to come through. With Ancelotti or course being a former midfielder and having constructed world class midfields, thats even more grounds for optimism!

You're talking double that, and we would have to convince Raiola to get him here - and we've probably not done brilliantly on that score with the last one he let us have
Indeed - at least double. Milan are confident he wants to stay and plan to start renewal talks after the window closes. The idea we could get him for £18-20m must be the most ludicrous thing I've read on here in months.

Weve got the 22/24 age group with Richarlison, DCL, Holgate, Davies, Kenny and Iwobi.

Granted, some of them dont seem to be good enough at this time but thats quite an incredible conveyor belt we have.

Interestingly (at least for me!) with Ancelotti buying a new midfield it also gives us time to bring in players in the above two age groups to come through. With Ancelotti or course being a former midfielder and having constructed world class midfields, thats even more grounds for optimism!

Can’t believe you missed Nkounkou off the 18-20 list.

For shame on you Zat!! lol lol

I think credit goes to Brands to mate, I don’t think the layers of age profile happened by mistake.

People seem desperate to sell anyone who isn’t in the first 11, but in truth every player is on a developmental pathway.

What strikes me as well is all the players above even the young ones all have contrasting but complimentary skill sets.

As you say we have a Senior core, so we have the luxary of developing the 18-20 bracket, it makes the criticism of Moise silly to me, were is the rush really!

One of the biggest regrets I have in recent years, is not developing and failing with Lookman, still think he’s a super talent.

Imam Jagne has signed for us.

Fair play for finding this bit of news!

Or Seedy as he will forever be known... full name is Seedy Muhammed Ali Jagne

Says he's a 16 year old Defensive Midfielder and will join the under 23's on a 3 year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.