Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the depay to Barca deal has gone quiet, when it looked done last week, rumours of them moving on to other targets. Unless Koeman has asked him to wait till January and then sign a pre contract.

We were apparently after him last summer and Brands was at PSV when he was coming through. if he’s still at Lyon by the end of the window, Maybe we will have another go for him,
Maybe Barca have watched Lyon play their last few game ??
They have been utter gash.

Yeah Kever10 Hooman.
Lets force him to choose between Barcelona and Everton.

There can only be one winner.

Of course, Barca are above us in the pecking order, and especially so with Koeman being manager, apparently they are very close. Just saying, he would be a great signing.

Maybe we can use Barca to our advantage though, make a couple of lowball bids for fringe players are trying to get of, like Todibo, Emerson, Rafinha, who would all strengthen us in areas we need, and allow them to buy their number 1 targets. By the sounds of it, they are really struggling.

Maybe they should have sold Messi afterall.

Never heard of the guy, but if I were them I'd insist on loan with obligation. There is little in it for them otherwise, losing a presumably decent player as they see it for a year without being sure of the prospect of a decent fee.

Maybe have legs. Fits the profile of defender we would want.

His face doesn't fit massively at Salzburg, and I'm sure their open to either selling him, or getting him in the shop window in the Premier League.

Sides are getting cleverer with them too this summer. There have been no stupid offers for Lallana, Origi, Wilson, Brewster (yet), Lovren, Shaqiri etc.

@catcherintherye - why would Brighton want to sell him so soon after acquisition ?

I think the point with Lallana though, is nobody came in with any kind of bid for the 2 years before when they were trying to sell him.

Maybe have legs. Fits the profile of defender we would want.

His face doesn't fit massively at Salzburg, and I'm sure their open to either selling him, or getting him in the shop window in the Premier League.
Do you watch much Austrian football catcher? I wouldn't know where to begin even looking for a match haha

No it was definitely 2 years. That’s one of the things that suggests they’re not necessarily convinced.

Ah ok, so as it was agreed last season there must only be 1 season left? Or was it 2 from this summer?

You are quite right though, if it's a 2.5 year deal it's not a ringing endorsement. Overall I agree with your assessment. I really like him, but if they really liked him they wouldn't let him out on loan. Brainthwaite has probably jumped ahead of him in the cue.

That being said, it's a good loan for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.