Lewis Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
CB obviously incoming. Wonder if we need to crank up the flight tracker ?.
Good luck to him on loan.
Think that the lack of press coverage / leaks is indicative of the more professional way we deal with such issues these days.

So for tonight that leaves us with either playing Mina & Keane or one of them alongside Digne or Coleman/Kenny as a stand in cb.

Quite risky, wouldn't be too bad if Branthwaite and Holgate were due back in a couple of days but it'll only take an injury to one of Mina and Keane and we'll be in a real pickle defensively for the weekend.

They’re top of the league at the minute so might be a while before he gets a game.
I really hope not, crazy to send him somewhere that he’s sitting getting splinters for months. He could do that here. Will be a waste of a year if he ends up their back up centre back. Whole point of a loan is to get him playing first team football for his development. I know nothing about Reading, do they already have an established centre back pairing or is an area where they are weak?

So for tonight that leaves us with either playing Mina & Keane or one of them alongside Digne or Coleman/Kenny as a stand in cb.

Quite risky, wouldn't be too bad if Branthwaite and Holgate were due back in a couple of days but it'll only take an injury to one of Mina and Keane and we'll be in a real pickle defensively for the weekend.
Kenny could start at centre back as well

I really hope not, crazy to send him somewhere that he’s sitting getting splinters for months. He could do that here. Will be a waste of a year if he ends up their back up centre back. Whole point of a loan is to get him playing first team football for his development. I know nothing about Reading, do they already have an established centre back pairing or is an area where they are weak?

Don't really know anything about Reading sorry mate but from the info online they've won their first two games 2-0 and their centre halves are Liam Moore (captain) and Michael Morrison (experienced head and played 44 league games last season for them).

Outside of cups I can't see Gibson getting a game at centre half. Their left-back is promising too so can't see him getting a game there either.

Weird loan to me - would have sent him to a bottom-ish team myselfso he's guaranteed a game.

Don't really know anything about Reading sorry mate but from the info online they've won their first two games 2-0 and their centre halves are Liam Moore (captain) and Michael Morrison (experienced head and played 44 league games last season for them).

Outside of cups I can't see Gibson getting a game at centre half. Their left-back is promising too so can't see him getting a game there either.

Weird loan to me - would have sent him to a bottom-ish team myselfso he's guaranteed a game.
Cheers for that, sounds like an odd move. Who at the club thought this was a good idea and who’s advising the boy that this is the place to go. Nuts.

Big season for him, he’ll only have a year left on his contract in the summer!

Status
Not open for further replies.