Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
How? We're not set up for that. I get James wasnt an out and out RW yesterday but there is a good balance to the side it appears in a 433.

That’s why I said if we get Zaha, we play a front 3 of Zaha, DCL, Richarlison.

Midfield 3 of Allan, Doucoure & Rodriguez.

Rodriguez on the right offers no cover for Coleman. We need a winger.

Im hoping that Nkounkou and Gordon were simply not considered for the first team squad because Ancelotti never had any intention of playing them or bringing them off the bench.

Thinking that he may have just earmarked them for this cup game and over these cup games certain players wont be played in the league
I think they are just trying to give players like Iwobi some minutes. It makes sense in that regard, but part of me believes we should have our best options on the bench. Especially as West Brom were no pushover, but Carlo knows more about keeping squads happy and rotating than I

He didn’t exactly set the world alight last season did he.?
So did he play within himself or is he just overrated?
Teams double up, even triple up on him. They can afford to do that against Palace because they don't have other dangerous players. Basically stop him and you stop Palace.

We do it against him all the time. That's why he is invariably the most, or one of the most fouled players in the league. But it also stops him delivering.

Zaha in a batter team with more options will deliver more end product because teams can't afford to double up on him.

He didn’t exactly set the world alight last season did he.?
So did he play within himself or is he just overrated?

Doucoure didn't at Watford either.

Just one of them - only so much you can carry on your back.

Saying that, I don't think Zaha is fantastic - I just think he'd add a different variety to our attack. If he's available at the right fee - around £30m - then I'd be fine with him coming in.

£40m+ though is insane.

Saying that, I don't think Zaha is fantastic - I just think he'd add a different variety to our attack. If he's available at the right fee - around £30m - then I'd be fine with him coming in.

£40m+ though is insane.

Why do people think he'd be available for 30m? Its completely delusional

50m will be the fee, if not more.

£40m+ though is insane.

Problem is though Premier League players cost a premium - look how much the RS paid for Jota.

Then again look what Arsenal paid for Pepe... £40-45 million would be acceptable for me.

Problem is though Premier League players cost a premium - look how much the RS paid for Jota.

Then again look what Arsenal paid for Pepe... £40-45 million would be acceptable for me.

I think £40m is the limit of that premium IMO.

Jota is 23, Zaha 27. They play for different clubs in terms of overall pedigree in the league.

Im hoping that Nkounkou and Gordon were simply not considered for the first team squad because Ancelotti never had any intention of playing them or bringing them off the bench.

Thinking that he may have just earmarked them for this cup game and over these cup games certain players wont be played in the league
Right OK. That's not what I meant.

I was thinking that if Nkounkou was on the bench rather than Kenny, he would have had to come on in the event if an injury. Same with Gordon possibly. Rather than do that he kept them out of the squad so they were completely fresh for the cup game. I think he wants to have another look at them together against Fleetwood. They are both teenagers and still developing so possibly didn't want them playing 2 games in quick succession.

Why do people think he'd be available for 30m? Its completely delusional

50m will be the fee, if not more.

Then he won't go. That's why people think the fee will be lower.

The clubs that can afford to pay £50m on a player won't pay it for Zaha on the back of last season and his age. It's too big a risk.

I think it's £35-40m. Or he stays, which I think is more likely, simply because he's not exactly kicking off to leave - which says a lot about his professionalism to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.