Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the guys saying Richy is a way better finisher

I apologize. I havent seen enough of him and you guys are probably right. Just off 2 games, Richy could have easily had 3 or 4 goals but the finishing wasn't there.

Also I still feel he is better as a 2nd striker or winger. No player creates as much for us with the ball in his feet than Richly. He is a constant pain in the ass for defenses. I think our current set up is the best with possibly the addition of a RW or an attacking RB
If you haven't seen enough of him then what are you basing your opinion on??

Yeah what i meant is that he may be even better defensively...if so we keep him LB ;)
Yeah he could become a great flying right back. The size of him he could even be a centre half if he had the defensive nous. He has the physique for it.

But as a left back he won't be getting loads of opportunities because if Digne, who's looking fantastic at the moment the way James is finding him almost at will. I'm thinking Nkounkou may actually find more playing time further forward.

Exciting times with him and Gordon. They were far and away our best players in midweek. I was a bit disappointed neither found a place on the bench yesterday, but maybe Carlo is keeping them fresh for another crack against Fleetwood.

Yeah he could become a great flying right back. The size of him he could even be a centre half if he had the defensive nous. He has the physique for it.

But as a left back he won't be getting loads of opportunities because if Digne, who's looking fantastic at the moment the way James is finding him almost at will. I'm thinking Nkounkou may actually find more playing time further forward.

Exciting times with him and Gordon. They were far and away our best players in midweek. I was a bit disappointed neither found a place on the bench yesterday, but maybe Carlo is keeping them fresh for another crack against Fleetwood.

Well, hes 19 and if we get europe he would play alot of games next season at left back still.

Im hoping Ancelotti had no intention of playing him and Gordon.. otherwise weird they werent on the bench

Will say one thing for the Zaha situation. Any young talented footballer should be thinking twice about joining Palace.

Their niche and way forward should be as a stepping stone club. Like Eze for example. Players with big potential who they could profit from.

If they start putting their foot down on contracts and locking their players in to staying they'll be in for a world of hurt over the long term.

Its easy to say Zaha was stupid for signing that contract, but I think there was an understanding there that he'd give them one, maybe two more seasons, and then let him go, and Palace have backtracked on it.

To his credit, he hasn't downed tools. Loads would have.
He didn’t exactly set the world alight last season did he.?
So did he play within himself or is he just overrated?

Fine. But we haven't signed Zaha, probably won't, doubt we're even interested nor could afford him, and folk are crowbarring him into a fantasy formation. Its bonkers.
I'm not saying we should sign Zaha. He will be too expensive unless we are able to work in some sort of player exchange.

But we do need a high class Zaha type player, ie a wide forward/winger, who will improve our squad, give us more options, and enable us to rest/rotate our front 6 without reducing the quality of the starting XI. Players like Lozano, Bailey, Peresic, Lemar, Hudson Odoi etc, would all be brilliant.

But in the event we are able to bring Zaha in there are only upsides as far as I'm concerned. I don't know why so many people are turning their noses up. He's as good as any of the others I've mentioned and he knows the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.