Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so who in their front 3 is he a massive improvement of?

I think hes looked tidy. His record is ok too, 7-9 goals a season for a striker. Not bad, but not astounding either.

If it was 10m youd go, ok that could be a smart signing. It just seems big money to me. Same money as Salah/Mane were, who had much better records.

Jotas a good player mate, it’s a savy signing, quality footballer, 35 million though, I would have thought he would be cheaper then that, he’s 23 mind. But he will do well there.

I mean, it's still pretty clear the side still ISN'T good enough. 2 injuries to CM and we are absolutely in a massive world of hurt. With our physios that's not really beyond the realm of possibility.

I know what you're saying, because Davies and Siggurdson together in CM is something I never want to see ever again.

And I know we have terrible luck with injuries.

But most football teams in the world would be significantly weakened with 2 injuries in the same position. Liverpool lose Salah and Mane they're screwed, United lose Rashford and Martial, significantly weaker.

We can't live worrying about 'what if' happens when it comes to injuries. Just have to hope that we're due a bit of a change in fortunes on that front.

Need a CB with pace , a first choice RW, another decent prem CM for cover and first choice RB if we are to be confident of a push for top 6 imo. We just don’t have enough quality to sustain the inevitable injuries we are going to have. Davies, delph , bolasie, Walcott , iwobi aren’t good enough to get game time at any of the top clubs and by that logic , If we are to reach that level, they shouldn’t be getting any game time here if that’s where we want to be . This season will be a bit to early for us unless someone else has a shocking season. Next season with so many out of contract , we may be able to recruit another 3-4 quality players and push on further. I expect us to be around where wolves were last season if we can manage to keep our signings fit for the majority of our games.

I think the negativity partly comes from the fact, good things don’t happen to Everton. Yes we’re all delighted with our signings, but already people are talking what happens if James it Allan gets injured. It is negative but understandable. We do have a lot to look forward to. One of the most decorated managers in world football is at the helm, our new stadium is on the horizon. We just need some fortune along the way. Injuries, VAR decisions, a debatable derby decision go in our favour. It would make such a difference. You only have to look how breaking our duck away to a top 6 side, has instilled so much confidence in the players.

Good post that mate. Completely understand the reasons why people don't want to get carried away because we've been through so many false dawns with Everton. But at some point we have to get away from worrying about the negatives and focusing on the positives because there genuinely are a lot of them at the minute.

If the stuff that you mentioned there does start to go in our favour there could be a bit of a shift in mindset, out with the old 'Everton That' in with 'Everton This' as James curls another one into the top corner from 30 yards.

Geez everyone going on about injuries and being weaker. Under Moyes we only had a first XI who were good enough, we had injuries / suspensions and still got in with it. 2004-05 we had a crap squad and finished 4th! We’ll be fine, calm down, worse things happen at sea etc etc

Those 3 players you listed never get injured

Gomes does.

Poor argument.
Is there a rule somewhere which prevents them from getting injured.
Liverpool have been incredibly lucky with injuries over the last four years.
Basically it is the same group of players and they are nearly all now in their late twenties after playing a huge number of games.
They may have another injury free season but they may not.

Status
Not open for further replies.