Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rome wasn’t built in a day. But just look at the difference breaking the curse of winning at a top 6 club has done. There is a new found positivity around the club. Journalists are giving us positive press for a change. We need to build on that momentum over the next 3 games with a minimum of 7 points return. Two very winnable games in the league cup could see us reach the latter stages of a cup competition.

I agree with you, and the more I think about it, the more nervous I'm getting about tomorrow because we simply have to win, anything but 3 points doesn't bare thinking about.

But I'm staying positive and recon we'll get the result. Heart says 4-0 walkover. Head says 2-0 and a tight game

Not a chance on planet earth any of their players would leave to go there this year. And he hasn’t even been linked nor could Barca even afford him so I don’t know why this is being discussed.

You not recon Wijnaldum might still go there after all the rumours and now them bringing in Thiago?

I agree about Salah like theres no chance of that happening

You not recon Wijnaldum might still go there after all the rumours and now them bringing in Thiago?

I agree about Salah like theres no chance of that happening

I don’t think he’d particularly want to go there, but if Liverpool make him available then yeah he probably would. That’s a playing time issue though, not a key player being poached by them.

I don’t think he’d particularly want to go there, but if Liverpool make him available then yeah he probably would. That’s a playing time issue though, not a key player being poached by them.

So there's a chance on planet earth that one of their players would go there this summer then :p

Agree with what you're saying tho, its a step down from Liverpool at the minute no doubt. Just Wijnaldum immediately came to mind reading your post

Realistically I think we’ve got our Starting XI sorted now for the season, unless we get a RW and play James centrally. But even still I’d be very happy and optimistic going into the season like this.

This is the first time in a long while that we actually have a manager that’ll get results even with worse players, usually it’s been a case of a poor manager misusing a squad but it’s the opposite now except we’re improving and have a decent first 11 now.

I think we’ll definitely be after a CB on loan to cover but I doubt we’ll be going for anyone that’s gonna be regularly challenging for a starting spot. Think it’ll be more like a Sidibe signing where he’s gonna sit on the bench most of the time and isn’t expected to massively impress when he plays, just does the job.

After that we won’t go for a RB if Kenny doesn’t go and it’s looking unlikely now seeing as he’s not been linked and Carlo has said he’s happy with the full backs.

We are short on the right but James can play there and I think it suits Coleman a lot more now to just be able to focus on the defending. Richy could always be shifted there and put Gordon on the left, think most people would be happy with that too. Be good to see a young player coming through and being able to express himself with good players around him to feed.

Think it’s madness to get rid of Kean but if a good enough offer did come in you’d have to look at it. Not sure we’d be able to replace his potential value if he did come good but then again if he’s not contributing his value will only go down and it’ll be money wasted. Also think it’s hard to replace a third choice striker for decent money these days, everyone’s so expensive for unproven quality.

Big season ahead but think if you’re not optimistic after the effect Carlo has had on the club so far and the direction we’re clearly pulling in well then football is not really for you.

Realistically I think we’ve got our Starting XI sorted now for the season, unless we get a RW and play James centrally. But even still I’d be very happy and optimistic going into the season like this.

This is the first time in a long while that we actually have a manager that’ll get results even with worse players, usually it’s been a case of a poor manager misusing a squad but it’s the opposite now except we’re improving and have a decent first 11 now.

I think we’ll definitely be after a CB on loan to cover but I doubt we’ll be going for anyone that’s gonna be regularly challenging for a starting spot. Think it’ll be more like a Sidibe signing where he’s gonna sit on the bench most of the time and isn’t expected to massively impress when he plays, just does the job.

After that we won’t go for a RB if Kenny doesn’t go and it’s looking unlikely now seeing as he’s not been linked and Carlo has said he’s happy with the full backs.

We are short on the right but James can play there and I think it suits Coleman a lot more now to just be able to focus on the defending. Richy could always be shifted there and put Gordon on the left, think most people would be happy with that too. Be good to see a young player coming through and being able to express himself with good players around him to feed.

Think it’s madness to get rid of Kean but if a good enough offer did come in you’d have to look at it. Not sure we’d be able to replace his potential value if he did come good but then again if he’s not contributing his value will only go down and it’ll be money wasted. Also think it’s hard to replace a third choice striker for decent money these days, everyone’s so expensive for unproven quality.

Big season ahead but think if you’re not optimistic after the effect Carlo has had on the club so far and the direction we’re clearly pulling in well then football is not really for you.

Very well said.

I haven't seen much of Gordon being a new fan and all, but I was impressed with his game vs Salford City. I'd like to see him be implemented with the starters in some games and precisely move Richy to the right and let Gordon work the left flank.

I mean, it's still pretty clear the side still ISN'T good enough. 2 injuries to CM and we are absolutely in a massive world of hurt. With our physios that's not really beyond the realm of possibility.
I just kind of wonder how good we're expecting to be right now. You're right of course, but how in the world was that not going to be the case in one summer?

Simple question: have you seen our medical and physio team?

I don't understand this argument tho.

Do we really think our medical department don't try and look after the players like?

Surely has more to do with bad luck.

Stuff like broken legs for example, from bad tackles or freak accidents on the pitch, we get way more than our fair share of them. (McCarthy, Oviedo, Gomes off the top of my head in recent years like)

Status
Not open for further replies.