2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion like but a shot from 6 yards is a shot from 6 yards whether you're playing Real Madrid or Real Salt Lake. It is just that you're much more likely to get that shot playing a side from Utah.
Sorry I’d kind of missed the context of the discussion. I disagree with the basic point - chances are you’ll have more time and space, and the quality of the keeper is likely to be much lower so there’s a significantly increased chance of something going in if it’s on target - I appreciate that isn’t really relevant to the point in context though.

Sorry I’d kind of missed the context of the discussion. I disagree with the basic point - chances are you’ll have more time and space, and the quality of the keeper is likely to be much lower so there’s a significantly increased chance of something going in if it’s on target - I appreciate that isn’t really relevant to the point in context though.
I think things like the time and space I was kind of baking in. As in if the defender is closer that is a different chance to one where he isn't. And that is obviously more likely to happen against poorer sides.

Didn't look happy at all to me, Got a feeling he's off.
I think he's off if we get the right deal. I think the problem may be that we paid quite a bit up front for him last season, and we want that money, or most of it, back from Juventus. They don't have it. Had we been paying in instalments I reckon we'd just treat it as a loan fee and just cancel out the debt, and he'd be gone already.

We need to play hardball with them. I'm quite happy to keep him if they don't cough up and I expect him to improve this season should he stay.

He was on the pitch about 50 seconds when that ball was fizzed into him by James and IIRC he got it under control and got tackled when trying to take it through Alderweireld.

Personally think there's some seriously harsh judgments on this thread.

How many times did he hit the woodwork last night? Think it was 3. How many times did he hit the woodwork last season?
Small margins between him being a flop and being a diamond in the rough... I've seen more than enough from him at the age he is to think he'll be an excellent player and I really hope that it's for us.

It took about 70 league games for DCL to score his first 10 goals for Everton (and he had his first appearances at pretty much the same age as Moise). I'm positive if you go back through DCL's thread you'll see a carbon copy of this conversation there, "not good enough", "championship player", "couldn't finish a book" etc.
As far as I'm concerned, he's proved all of those folks wrong.

Moise will do the same. Definitely hitting double figures this season - vault me.
Lets hope you’re right mate. I really hope you are. I think seeing what CA does in the window with regards to forwards will give us an idea of where he’s at

He clearly worked hard last night.
If anything he probably tried too hard. I've seen it so often before, especially with young players, where they are so keen that their timing goes to pot and the ball starts bouncing off shins. Even saw it with Rooney a couple of times.

It could be he looked disappointed last night because he knows he played poorly. He seemed happy enough to celebrate Keane's first goal.

I dont care if he doesn't crack a smile when he has scored but it would be nice if he was able to control and retain the ball when it's played to him. His 1st touch matched his poor finishing last night. Disinterested or lacking in confidence? Suspect it is the latter but I think most reasonable observers would have expected a lot more from him.

That's fair.

Maybe he just has to work on his first touch. Like a certain other striker we had a few years ago did.

Now, Rom was further along when he was 20 than Kean is now.

It's fair to expect more from him. It's also fair to say last season wasn't exactly the best side for a player with no experience in the Prem to be thrown in at the age of 19. He should never have been in with the aim of being our primary lone striker.

He was always going to need time. He still does need it. Yes his all-round displays need to improve. But he's scoring goals when he starts and could easily have had 3 yesterday (he should 100% have scored the first header).

Let's just see how it goes this season when he's training day in day out with better players and coming into a team which, hopefully, is functioning far better.

If anything he probably tried too hard. I've seen it so often before, especially with young players, where they are so keen that their timing goes to pot and the ball starts bouncing off shins. Even saw it with Rooney a couple of times.

It could be he looked disappointed last night because he knows he played poorly. He seemed happy enough to celebrate Keane's first goal.

That's half his issue, especially when he comes on from the bench.

He runs around like a lunatic for five minutes and looks shattered.

His game intelligence and decision making isn't there yet. But he's 20 and we now have a manager - and some truly excellent players experienced at the top level - who can help the lad along.

He didn't play great last night, but he definitely worked.

Hope he doesn’t grab the ball if we get a last minute pen to win the game at the weekend mind. Did anybody expect him to score that pen?

If he's off we surely need another centre forward in, have we even been linked with anyone in that position ?

I wouldn't be too against keeping hold of Moise this season.

The difficulty in finishing chances doesn't change against a lesser opponent. Yes he should have probably scored from open play too but sometimes it isn't your day. He got in the positions and if he keeps doing that he will score.
Exactly. Just like Richarlison missed three against Spurs. They don't always go in, even for the very best of strikers. Everton had over thirty attempts on goal against Salford, and scored only three goals, but that can't be criticised. I think Kean will come good. I think he's a natural goal scorer and takes up good positions, and he can certainly turn his man. No one can deny his has 3 in 3 from starts and no matter what people think of his overall play, if he keeps scoring there can be no complaints. If he gets game time,he will come good.

Status
Not open for further replies.