Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add more sway to the Zaha debate. ‘IF’ we do go in for him again you’d of course expect him to play in wide positions. But the added bonus would be you could easily play him as a Striker if/ when there are injuries/ rotation to DCL/ Richy.

Fills two problem positions

When Don came he worked hard and had decent games, on the left and right, it took him ages to get a go in the middle. He was getting destroyed by Everton fans for performances equal to and probably better than Kean has put in.
It was 100% down to being English and coming from a lower league team.
Kean may come good but I don’t see where the game time comes from, he won’t get in the first team.
He was poor in the Carabao cup against a second division team, yet players like Gylfi who had a decent game are not deemed good enough. Surely that applies to him too, I don’t see how we gave different rules for different players.

When Don came he worked hard and had decent games, on the left and right, it took him ages to get a go in the middle. He was getting destroyed by Everton fans for performances equal to and probably better than Kean has put in.
It was 100% down to being English and coming from a lower league team.
Kean may come good but I don’t see where the game time comes from, he won’t get in the first team.
He was poor in the Carabao cup against a second division team, yet players like Gylfi who had a decent game are not deemed good enough. Surely that applies to him too, I don’t see how we gave different rules for different players.
We arent judging the merits of Siguardisson against league 2 opposition. He has been judged on his performances last year in the league, whereby frankly he was awful.

According to The Telegraph, Everton are rivalling Manchester City for the signing of French youngster Tom Cadoche.

Cadoche has been in the Le Havre ranks, but has now left the club with his contract expiring over the summer.

Formerly of Lyon, Cadoche is now attracting major interest, with Everton keen to lure him to Goodison Park.

However, Manchester City are keen too, and the 16-year-old midfielder could soon have a big decision to make.

Primarily an anchor man, Cadoche can also drop into defence if needed, and he could become the latest talent to end up in the Premier League having been with Le Havre.

Benjamin Mendy, Paul Pogba, Riyad Mahrez and Dimitri Payet are just some of the names to have thrived in the Premier League after being with the French second-tier side.

Cadoche has a long, long way to go before reaching those kinds of levels, but Everton should at least be able to show him a pathway to the first team.

Fellow French youngster Niels Nkounkou joined Everton from Marseille over the summer, and he is in and around Carlo Ancelotti’s first team – which should be inspiration for Cadoche to pick Everton over City, despite their status and riches.
Until he's 17 can we not only sign him on youth terms.?

Status
Not open for further replies.